XBMCLive 9.11 Beta2 released
I have XBMC Live 9.11 beta 1 installed to the hard drive on my Acer Revo dual booting along with Windows 7. How do I go about upgrading to the latest 9.11 beta 2? I tried running Apitude, but that just seems to just reboot XBMC without doing anything. Can you just download the latest Live CD, and using that reinstall to the hard drive? Also would doing so wipe out all your settings? Or is there a different way I should go about upgrading XBMC? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
TehFRAG Wrote:I have XBMC Live 9.11 beta 1 installed to the hard drive on my Acer Revo dual booting along with Windows 7. How do I go about upgrading to the latest 9.11 beta 2? I tried running Apitude, but that just seems to just reboot XBMC without doing anything. Can you just download the latest Live CD, and using that reinstall to the hard drive? Also would doing so wipe out all your settings? Or is there a different way I should go about upgrading XBMC? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have the same question. I'm new to XBMC Live. Beta 1 works ok... but with over 200 bugs fixed, i'd like to try beta 2. I have an Acer Aspire Revo 1600. What is the recommended method to upgrade? I'd hate to loose all my settings.

Thanks
I'm not sure whether this should go here or in the feature requests forum, but I'm thinking that it might not be a bad idea to disable dynamic twin view for NVIDIA users with XBMC Live. Essentially, twin view is a means of multiple monitor support, but that probably isn't necessary with XBMC Live, as there isn't really anything to use multiple monitors for. The problem with dynamic twin view (which allows for modifying twin view settings without restarting X) is that it lies about the refresh rate of each display mode, as it uses that value to keep track of which is which (more details are available here), so users see the first valid display mode at 50 Hz, the second at 51 Hz, etc. It's not a huge problem, but I could see it causing some confusion and it's pretty easy to disable. There would just need to be an extra line added to the Device section of the NVIDIA xorg.conf:

Option "DynamicTwinView" "false"
Eichi0815 Wrote:XBOX DVD Dongle don´t work in XBMC 9.11 Beta 2 Live CD

yes it does, trust me, I've been the biggest bitch about this.

check out this thread, I've laid out how I got it working.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=63939
if 2 options are needed to be tweaked for majority of people the "Option Dynamicview one and the FlatPanelProperties one, so that 24p/60p works.

and its such a faff to edit (and not even possible in the 'live' version)

why can't it be a default ?
Thumbs Up 
couldnt get smooth play back on beta one, did a fresh install with beta2, everything works as it should. very happy.

running asrock ion 330

Big Grin
jmarshall Wrote:1. The arial font we were using wasn't free so we switched to liberation. Perhaps this doesn't have the Hebrew characters?

If I have a free hebrew font how I can combine it with new XBMC ? If it's posible ?

BTW- If I will send you free hebrew font you will be able to combine it in the new version of XBMC ?

Thanks anyway,

Ziv Tal
Is it just me (and my system) or do the new Beta 2 debs for Ubuntu 9.10 not include dependencies on xorg? Whenever I 'apt-get install' anything else I see the following:

Quote:The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
xserver-xorg (..... followed by 50 or so packages linked to xorg)

Should this be logged as a bug?
Does anybody have any solutions to the matter of hard drives not automounting, even with "nodiskmount" removed from menu.lst ? Huh

(see http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=63956 )

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated??
Would this be a bug or it there something else that we need to do??

- I don't know whether this is worth mentioning, but it appears that both myself and the other commenter in the linked thread are using Zotac 9300 motherboards.
Disk mount - installed on usb stick - didn't work, even after removing "nodiskwhatever" from grub (worked before in beta1).
Installed on HD (new partition 2GB) - worked out of the box.

Hebrew - copied font from beta1. Didn't help (altough hebrew did work there).
Copied arial.ttf from Windows - now everhything works ... Woodoo Smile
dumalkin Wrote:Disk mount - installed on usb stick - didn't work, even after removing "nodiskwhatever" from grub (worked before in beta1).
Installed on HD (new partition 2GB) - worked out of the box.

Interesting... well that's wierd!
BOARD:ZOTAC 9300-A-E CPU:Intel e6600 RAM: 4gb Ram :grin:
OK, I've spent an hour on this.

How do I get the videos into library mode?

Is there a wiki specifically for the new std skin?

Forgot to mention: I'm running this on Windoze XP.
TugboatBill Wrote:Forgot to mention: I'm running this on Windoze XP.

So maybe post your question in the section marked: " XBMC for Windows Specific Support"

instead of "XBMC for Linux and XBMC Live Specific Support"

?
BOARD:ZOTAC 9300-A-E CPU:Intel e6600 RAM: 4gb Ram :grin:
Token78 Wrote:So maybe post your question in the section marked: " XBMC for Windows Specific Support"

instead of "XBMC for Linux and XBMC Live Specific Support"

?

Since you're being so helpful perhaps you can point me to the 9.11 Beta 2 thread for Windows. TIA
Same issue with XBMC Live.

Other issues:
Cannot change Skin in XBMC Live. Can change it in Windows XP.
While doing an import of Music data (scan item to library on root folder) it crashed out to the testripper login prompt.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCLive 9.11 Beta2 released0