[XBOX] Xbox Softmod advice for XBMC?
Bigkidoz Wrote:Best thing you can do is install a larger hdd, i have 3x xbox's with 160gig hdd 1 of which is filled with kids movies so my daughter can flick thru them and watch what she wants without needing the pc on for streaming.Or our adult movies get streamed. Also loaded some xbox games and have Coinops mame with 1066 arcade games .
Do you know a tutorial or could provide steps on a upgrade to a larger HD?

I know you will need the eeprom and most likely some xbox partition software.

But, I wanted to get some more steps on it. I have a 1 TB Hard drive.

I looked at the post here: http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=648145

But I haven't gotten much help or advice. I just need someone to let me know of what major steps are involved.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks.
i used the clone hdd option in xboxhdm, did you not use xboxhdm with ndure?
think there may be an option on one of the auto installers, not sure which one tho i'll have a look at what ones i have.
google xboxhq and have a look at the auto installers also there are tutorials on there that will help you
not sure if you have to be a vip member (donate)to download the auto installers if so drop me a pm on here and i'll see what i can do for you

paul

oh yes also im 99% sure you can only fit a 500gb ide hdd inside and it splits it into 138gb partitions
chunk1982 Wrote:i used the clone hdd option in xboxhdm, did you not use xboxhdm with ndure?
think there may be an option on one of the auto installers, not sure which one tho i'll have a look at what ones i have.
google xboxhq and have a look at the auto installers also there are tutorials on there that will help you
not sure if you have to be a vip member (donate)to download the auto installers if so drop me a pm on here and i'll see what i can do for you

paul

Hi there.

Thanks with the quick reply.

I have softmodded my xbox already. I used ndure and even installed XBMC. However, I am using the old default Hard drive. I bought a new 1TB Hitachi Deskstar hard drive and wanted to use that hard drive.

Now I know of this clone command, but I thought for brand new disks that you would need to build the data on the hard drive with the ndure setup?

Also, if you clones the old hard drive, then wouldn't you need to somehow re-partition?

As far as I know the steps I read up till now. You need your eeprom, so you can build a new disk with data on it and then swap it back in the xbox.

I have no idea when I would use the xbox partitioner to adjust the cluster sizes for a huge drive like a 1TB?
chunk1982 Wrote:oh yes also im 99% sure you can only fit a 500gb ide hdd inside and it splits it into 138gb partitions

If you check the link I had earlier in my 1st post. They all were able to install a 1TB or 1.5 TB drives in the xbox. However, they had to use 32 type clusters and split it into two partitions
http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=659887
XBMC Manual - BlackBolt - SVN Guide - Skin SVN - Wide Icon SVN - ROM Shortcut Generator
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me :P
If you fell lucky and got a 10Gb Xbox partitioning it will free up that whole 2Gb as F: - personally if it was me I would be copying off the EEPROM and C: drive ready to build a drive with XBoxHDMaker - 250Gb HDDs are no money at all these days and would keep your parents in movies for months! Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[XBOX] Xbox Softmod advice for XBMC?0