Is graphics with 64bit memory interface enough?
Someone once told me that a graphics card with 64bit memory interface would have a hard time with 1080p playback since it lacks bandwidth, but I've seen lots of posts where people say they are using 64bit cards and playing 1080p.

Maybe I'm mistaken about what he guy was talking about. Is 64bit enough, or would it be better to spend a few bucks more and get something with 128bit memory interface?

I'm talking about nvidia cards of course.
Are you trying to buy a videocard that supports VDPAU ? How much memory is on the videocard ?
The normal XBMC log IS NOT a debug log, to enable debug logging you must toggle it on under XBMC Settings - System or in advancedsettings.xml. Use XBMC Debug Log Addon to retrieve it.
I was thinking about buying this card

MSI N210-MD512H GeForce 210 512MB 64-bit GDDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6814127454
You don't even need that much. PCI-E 1x is perfectly adequate if the card supports VDPAU. I've seen people on here even using VDPAU capable PCI cards.
I pretty much answered my own question. I just googled memory interface, and read up on it. Which is probably what I should have done in the first place.

I also read some threads on here about people using PCI cards on old hardware, and running 1080p.

It just depends on the card and what gen it is. Thanks for your help. I've heard good things about the 210's so I'll probably go with that card.
I am not sure why want to get 64bit video card when you have 128bit video card available ?
The normal XBMC log IS NOT a debug log, to enable debug logging you must toggle it on under XBMC Settings - System or in advancedsettings.xml. Use XBMC Debug Log Addon to retrieve it.
cheaper, and for no other reason
Nevermind ..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is graphics with 64bit memory interface enough?0