[LINUX] XBMC on a home-server (VIA EPIA, Geforce GT 220)
Hi Folks,

I plan to build my own home-server and wanted to combine it with XBMC. So I read a lot and that's what I got: :o

The goals are: Silent, (AES-)hardware-encryption, MPEG-Acceleration, 2 LAN-Ports (for replacing my crappy router), at least 2 GB RAM, at least 4 SATA-Ports, HiFi-Case.

AES-Enryption forces me to use a VIA-based board (Padlock-Engine), I choosed EPIA SN10000EG because its passive-cooled, but have some doubts if it's powerfull enough (RAID, SAMBA, sometimes video-files which cannot be hardware-accelerated), for mpeg-acceleration with XBMC I decided to use a Geforce GT220.

Sadly the only mini-ITX HiFi-Case I found where two 3,5 HDD and one optical device fits in costs 500€ (HFX). So I guess I'll use an old DVD-Player-Case.
EDIT: Just found out that mini-ITX fits even to uATX and ATX-Cases ... That makes the world much easier.. Smile

- What do you thing about this?
- Are there experiences with VIA C7 (1000 MHz)?
- Does somebody has the XFX GT220 and can tell me how loud it is?
- Does somebody know a HiFi-Case which fits my needs?
- Is there any working solution for adding SCART?

EIDT:
- Has somebody experience with external power-supplys (from HFX)?

Thanks for your feedback! Smile
Regards,
Morphi.
This case should work for you. Not sure how much it is where you are, but its pretty cheap in the states.

GIGABYTE MIB T5140

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6811233060

http://www.gigabyte-usa.com/Products/Cha...uctID=3111
giantjoebot Wrote:This case should work for you. Not sure how much it is where you are, but its pretty cheap in the states.

GIGABYTE MIB T5140

Europe. It looks good, never seen it before, but as far as I can see there is no room for any PCI-Card...
giantjoebot Wrote:This case should work for you. Not sure how much it is where you are, but its pretty cheap in the states.

Wow, I love that case! I wonder why it isn't in the HTPC case section -thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] XBMC on a home-server (VIA EPIA, Geforce GT 220)0