[WINDOWS] Testers wanted for MCE remote control support!
elgen Wrote:So if all you have done is add support for CNTRL, ALT, etc. combo keys in the .XML, why do my WM_APPCOMMAND based buttons now work with your modified .EXE, where they DIDN'T work with the standard camelot release?

I might also have sneakily added support for the volume APPCOMMANDs and not mentioned it :-)

Actually the volume APPCOMMANDs are the point of some contention because I've just been asked to take them out again on the grounds that Windows should handle the volume appcommands i.e. they should change the system volume and not just XBMC. I'm still thinking about this point.

JR
Sorry thought I replied about a week or so ago.. But it would appear that i didnt hit submit.

Anyway, It appears I was being a little dumb. I admit it! when extracting I extracted to the root of my download dir, and yes found the folder that was contained in the zip, but lost all the exe updates etc in amongst the downloads. Added the modified exe and all worked great.! well volume / context menu etc.. Still couldn't get the I key working.

But a great improvement. Is there an update for camelot the links appear to be down?
wrong thread. sorry

BHH
HDConvertToX, AutoMKV, AutoMen author
Broads Wrote:Is there an update for camelot the links appear to be down?

http://sourceforge.net/projects/xbmcmce/files/

You lot downloaded so many copies from my web site that I used up my usage allowance and my ISP pulled the plug!

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:I might also have sneakily added support for the volume APPCOMMANDs and not mentioned it :-)

Actually the volume APPCOMMANDs are the point of some contention because I've just been asked to take them out again on the grounds that Windows should handle the volume appcommands i.e. they should change the system volume and not just XBMC. I'm still thinking about this point.

JR

Please! Do NOT remove the APPCOMMANDS!

Using default XBMC (without APPCOMMANDS), my FWD and RWD do NOTHING, which leaves me having to use the crude "right" and "left" (same as right and left arrow keys) which just jumps small amounts forward and backward in a file... my Volume up and down as well as mute keys do indeed control the system volume up, down and mute respectively, but it is invisible in XBMC. I really like XBMC graphical feedback for volume up/down and mute, which I get ONLY using your modded version.

I cannot think of a reason why anyone would want windows to handle those commands BEHIND XBMC, allowing no feedback to XBMC itself...what does that gain anyone? The way you have it now, even if people are using wacky keyboards/mice/other input devices with XBMC, and they throw those APPCOMMANDS out, your modded XBMC properly intercepts the command and interprets it correctly. Honestly, again, what scenario would you not want that to happen?

Again, thanks for your work, I hope I influence you just a bit here...Smile
@jhsrennie: Just a question as I don't have my X10 remote connected to my dev pc. In the past my X10 worked well with the IR server suite and I just had to opt out the arrow keys and the ok key because they were pressed twice. Nowadays I have to do this also for the fast forward and rewind (didn't test more as I want to watch and use it currently Wink
So the question is could the changes to the APP_COMMAND do this? Or better do you know if the X10 remotes send multimedia app commands?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
WiSo Wrote:So the question is could the changes to the APP_COMMAND do this? Or better do you know if the X10 remotes send multimedia app commands?

Yes, almost certainly. As well as the, erm, "controversial" support for the volume appcommands I also added support for APPCOMMAND_MEDIA_REWIND and APPCOMMAND_MEDIA_FAST_FORWARD.

I did a quick Google for x10 remotes. Are they the ones on the http://www.uk-automation.co.uk web site? If so I'll see what technical details I can find, or maybe pick one up on eBay.

JR
Its a quite cheap one. It was the only one which worked with IR Server Suite. I also have a mce v1 remote which didn't worked with eventghost nor with IRSS. Maybe it'll work yet will test it out when home again next year Smile
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
You no longer need IR Server Suite now! In fact if that MCE remote works you don't even need the SVN build as my remote-xbmc.reg will make it send the standard XBMC keypresses.

One Google later: from http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=42341 it looks as if the X10might be MS compatible, in which case you can configure it to send the standard XBMC keypresses just like the MS remote.

JR
Any progress on that X10 remote? ShowKey.exe shows no reaction on a few buttons?! They all send a HID-event though (tested with eventghost). But i do not think it is configurable by editing the registry because its not an IR but RF device.
jbo87 Wrote:Any progress on that X10 remote? ShowKey.exe shows no reaction on a few buttons?! They all send a HID-event though (tested with eventghost). But i do not think it is configurable by editing the registry because its not an IR but RF device.

Sadly I can't afford to buy every remote out there to see how they work, though I have actually bought half a dozen in pursuit of my testing. Maybe when that lottery win come in ...

JR
It works fine with IR server suite and some buttons disabled to avoid double key presses. Only a few button work out of the box without IRSS
jhsrennie Wrote:Sadly I can't afford to buy every remote out there to see how they work, though I have actually bought half a dozen in pursuit of my testing. Maybe when that lottery win come in ...

JR

A HUGE THANKS AND KUDOS TO JHSRENNIE FOR CREATING THE UPDATED VERSION. With this my remote control works flawlessly (including fast forward, rewind, etc). I was able to map the special buttons from the remote to XBMC. With the normal "official" Camelot release it was not possible to use the special buttons, and the fast forward, rewind buttons were crap.

My Remote:
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.26368

Below 10$ and the build quality is not bad. Responsive and works.

I guess this remote sends normal keyboard codes to the PC, which is good, but there is a bad side effect: I can not re-map some of the special buttons (like windows key, and launch browser key, etc...) to use with XBMC. I am able to see the keyboard codes with the showkey.exe, so editing the configuration file is not an issue, but when i press the button, XBMC loosing the focus and IE pops up (for the www key for example).

Is there any way to use those keys as well in XBMC without loosing focus?
Is there any way to disable those keys in windows completely to prevent XBMC to loose focus in case of an accidental press?

Thank you in advance
The problem is that Windows intercepts those keystrokes, so there's not much you can do about them. You could install Eventghost, but obviously this makes things more complicated. Somewhere there must be a cunning registry hack to disable the keystrokes, but so far no-one has found it!

JR
I just found an excellent utility to re-map those stupid multimedia keys to whatever key you want within windows: http://webpages.charter.net/krumsick/

It works. Unfortunatley it looks like tha the issue is not so simple: my remote sends something different than what you would have as a result of a normal keypress. For example when I push the WWW button on keyboard, then I got a 3 digit number (monitored in learn mode of KeyTweak), but when I press the WWW button on the remote, then the number I got is a 5 digit number. At the top of that, I discovered that some buttons from the remote not only sending keypresses, but sequences (zoom button, my computer button, windows key button) - and obviously you can not re-map seqences in KeyTweak only single key-presses.

What I would like to is to see the whole sequence sent by my remote, but unfortunately with KeyTweak learn mode or with Showkey I see only the last press from the sequence.

Is there any way to use ShowKey to see the whole sequence?

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Testers wanted for MCE remote control support!1