• 129(current)
Xperience Special Announcement
POST UPDATE HERE

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=75421
POST UPDATE HERE

a
b
I think it would be nice to see a dark texture pack. I like the look of Black's 1080 mod, but I also like many features of the original. A dark texture pack would be the like having all the nice features and a choice of look.
ekim232 Wrote:I think it would be nice to see a dark texture pack. I like the look of Black's 1080 mod, but I also like many features of the original. A dark texture pack would be the like having all the nice features and a choice of look.
I still have them tucked away safely if you require them?
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
paul Wrote:I still have them tucked away safely if you require them?

Yeah definitely. Will they work with beta 1?
BEFORE NOTHING THANKS TO BLACK

this is just an implementation of some part of his code of skin XPERIENCE 1080

ok this mod what it does is to put your profile in the up right corner on your home menu in xperience beta bravo skin

POST UPDATE HERE

nice to see somebody taking the time to create a mod for xperienceSmile
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
Hello, I must first acknowledge the work of yzack, thanks for this modification, which makes the skin much more enjoyable.
What I did was change a little yzack work, because my notion on this is zero or very low, but after several hours, I managed to polish a little more work.
Now these are not annoying and ugly black bars on the boxes and is a bit easier, either we or modify icons, just add.
To say that all this is tested on a 4:3 standard definition TV platform xbox xbmc revision 1.1 29xxx.
Of course we should amend the strings.xml English and then the language that you use l
we leave such as 31 005 PROGRAMS

31 011 and 31 017 are the ones I've used myself, but you can change them to your liking

</item>

<item id="8">
<label>$LOCALIZE[31005]</label>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(1,apps)</onclick>
<thumb>windows/home/panel_menu.png</thumb>
<icon>panel_menu_programs.png</icon>
<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(Custom_icon-programsgamesoff) + !Skin.HasSetting(homeHomeGames) + !Skin.HasSetting(homeprogramsgames)</visible>
</item>
<item id="8">
<label>$LOCALIZE[31005]</label>
<font>Large</font>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(1,apps)</onclick>
<label2>$INFO[Skin.String(Custom_icon-programsgames-folder)]</label2>
<icon>$INFO[Skin.String(Custom_icon-programsgames)]</icon>
<visible>[Skin.HasSetting(Custom_icon-programsgamesoff)] + !Skin.HasSetting(homeHomeGames) + !Skin.HasSetting(homeprogramsgames)</visible>
</item>

<item id="5">
<label>$LOCALIZE[31011]</label>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(1,games)</onclick>
<icon>panel_menu_xbox.png</icon>
<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(Custom_icon-programsgamesoff) + !Skin.HasSetting(homeHomeGames) + !Skin.HasSetting(homeprogramsgames)</visible>
</item>
<item id="5">
<label>$LOCALIZE[31011]</label>
<font>Large</font>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(1,games)</onclick>
<label2>$INFO[Skin.String(Custom_icon-programsgames-folder)]</label2>
<icon>$INFO[Skin.String(Custom_icon-programsgames)]</icon>
<visible>[Skin.HasSetting(Custom_icon-programsgamesoff)] + !Skin.HasSetting(homeHomeGames) + !Skin.HasSetting(homeprogramsgames)</visible>
</item>

<item id="7">
<label>$LOCALIZE[31017]</label>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(1,emulators)</onclick>
<icon>panel_menu_emulators.png</icon>
</item>
<item id="7">
<label>$LOCALIZE[31017]</label>
<font>Large</font>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(1,emulators)</onclick>
<label2>$INFO[Skin.String(Custom_icon-videofiles-folder)]</label2>
<icon>$INFO[Skin.String(Custom_icon-videofiles)]</icon>
</item>

we have to modify the "includes_home.xml" on Xbox Xperience I use with very good results, the textures are xpr, compressed.
The next thing we have to do is copy the folder "media" icons that we use to Games and Emulators

Games = panel_menu_xbox ... changed the name because if nolo do, the icon will be presented by default the next inthe compressed textures.

Emulators = panel_menu_emulators
Programs = panel_menu_programs

Changed as you can see the id in the id we Programs "8" in the games id "5" and emulators id "7", we do this, because when changing panel, do not just disappear from the fixed without small text display of "check your" games etc, if we correlated, they do not go away and create a fairly ugly.

We do not need to change this ....<label2>$INFO[Skin.String(Custom_icon-videofiles-folder)]</label2>
<icon>$INFO[Skin.String(Custom_icon-videofiles)]</icon>

Because we'll copy the folder icons directly in "media" just make sure to rename the icon "panel_menu_games" with "panel_menu_xbox"

This will achieve a perfect integration of the panels, without any aesthetic failure or error and without the happy black stripes that are created in the panels to manually add a custom icon from within the skin.

Thanks to all
First if you don't like that "annoying and ugly black bars on the boxes" you don't have to change any part of the code that your saying you have to change in your includes_home.xml this code:

<!-- Button 1 custom icon overlay -->

<control type="image">
<include>customiconunderlayvars</include>
<include>customiconsunderlay</include>
<visible>Container(20).HasFocus(1) + Skin.HasSetting(Custom_icon-programsgamesoff)</visible>
</control>
to this:

<control type="image">
<visible>Container(20).HasFocus(1) + Skin.HasSetting()</visible>
</control>

as you'll see you just have to remove the overlay, you have to do it in all the 17

<visible>Container(20).HasFocus( ) + Skin.HasSetting()</visible>

OK, let us see how it looks like your mod
yzack_1983 Wrote:First if you don't like that "annoying and ugly black bars on the boxes" you don't have to change any part of the code that your saying you have to change in your includes_home.xml this code:

<control type="image">
<visible>Container(20).HasFocus(1) + Skin.HasSetting(Custom_icon-programsgamesoff)</visible>
</control>
to this:

<control type="image">
<visible>Container(20).HasFocus(1) + Skin.HasSetting()</visible>
</control>

as you'll see you just have to remove the overlay, you have to do it in all the 17

<visible>Container(20).HasFocus( ) + Skin.HasSetting()</visible>

OK, let us see how it looks like your mod

First, are you angry or is my perception, the only thing I did, is to simplify my point of view, a little more your great work.
Secondly, the first thing I did was to praise his work and to emphasize that you are the creator of this mod and indicate your name at the beginning of everything.
For me if they were nuisance antistatic and black stripes,but not just fix the black bars, also the little message "watch your ..." shown over the different categories, that being with the same id and corresponding non disappeared and reappeared but remained fixed on the screen to switch games - emulators, to my unpleasant maybe you do not seem, is a different view in any case, given the option not explain how or delete them.
Thirdly, I also made explicit reference to my little or no experience in code, also the beginning of the text, which I had to manage on and devote enough time to be able to change lines of code based on "trial and error" with which for me was impossible to ascertain if only one had to change other lines of include_home, like you, then says.
Fourth, my only intention was to help to improve the skin, providing some of my work, They do, as is his point, is supposed to be open source and it bothers you change?
"You Do not Have Any change to the code part of your Saying That You Have to change this code in your includes_home.xml"
I'm not saying that has to change, simply provide another way to make things easier for me, I proved you in my way? did it work? ... me if
Ofcourse I can not be more than grateful for your great mod and all praise and thanks are for you and your ego.

Regards
Nice work man!
Pedro74 Wrote:First, are you angry or is my perception, the only thing I did, is to simplify my point of view, a little more your great work.
Secondly, the first thing I did was to praise his work and to emphasize that you are the creator of this mod and indicate your name at the beginning of everything.
For me if they were nuisance antistatic and black stripes,but not just fix the black bars, also the little message "watch your ..." shown over the different categories, that being with the same id and corresponding non disappeared and reappeared but remained fixed on the screen to switch games - emulators, to my unpleasant maybe you do not seem, is a different view in any case, given the option not explain how or delete them.
Thirdly, I also made explicit reference to my little or no experience in code, also the beginning of the text, which I had to manage on and devote enough time to be able to change lines of code based on "trial and error" with which for me was impossible to ascertain if only one had to change other lines of include_home, like you, then says.
Fourth, my only intention was to help to improve the skin, providing some of my work, They do, as is his point, is supposed to be open source and it bothers you change?
"You Do not Have Any change to the code part of your Saying That You Have to change this code in your includes_home.xml"
I'm not saying that has to change, simply provide another way to make things easier for me, I proved you in my way? did it work? ... me if
Ofcourse I can not be more than grateful for your great mod and all praise and thanks are for you and your ego.

Regards

NO my friend i'm not angry at all is just that i'm a latin guy that doesn't know how to use the words in English i mean i don't know how exactly express an idea in English i don't know how to emphasize or not emphasize a word

I'm just answering the question of how to remove the overlays in the panels and don't worry I'm open to receive any critics and help to make this better

SORRY for my english No uso muy bien el ingles

Regards BYE
how well does this skin work on a xbox?
  • 129(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xperience Special Announcement16