How Do I Set the Correct Time
Sorry if this is something simple I'm missing but I've installed the 9.11 Beta 2 build on my mac mini hoping this would be fixed but no luck. The time in XBMC is off by 10 hours from my system clock and there is no place to change it in the settings. I've seen the instructions to set it under setting -> appearance but I don't have any options there. What am I missing?

Thanks
johallen Wrote:Sorry if this is something simple I'm missing but I've installed the 9.11 Beta 2 build on my mac mini hoping this would be fixed but no luck. The time in XBMC is off by 10 hours from my system clock and there is no place to change it in the settings. I've seen the instructions to set it under setting -> appearance but I don't have any options there. What am I missing?

Thanks

setting -> appearance -> international -> region
Thanks for the reply, I've checked there and there are no options other than selecting my location, which is set correctly. Also, after looking again it's actually off by 6 hours rather than 10. Thanks
I have an Apple TV and I had to set my timezone through the command line. I changed the link to the timezone file with the ln command. The exact command that I used was:
sudo ln -sf /usr/share/zoneinfo/US/Central /etc/localtime

You can type
ls /usr/share/zoneinfo/US/
to display other available US zones.
i always have Nito installed and there is a setting within there for time / time zone. once set in there i have the correct time in boxee and xbmc.
Thanks for the suggestions but still no luck. The /etc/localtime is properly linked and the permissions are correct. I've even tried totally wiping out XBMC and any other related software and re-installing. Any plists in odd places I could possibly be missing? I've done a find for all things xbmc and deleted them. I've also installed on an imac with no problem so this really feels like a permissions issue or a config from an old installation. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
FYI, I finally figured out that the zoneinfo file /etc/localtime pointed to was a 0 byte file. After transferring over a good zoneinfo file from an imac it finally works. Thanks for the tips.
Sad 
Can't seem to find a solution to this annoying problem myself.No

On Edit. I'm having this issue on Ubuntu 9.10 x86
try syncing the atv to itunes (on a pc/mac).

you don't have to sync any content, just link up the atv to the itunes.
i also had this problem, original AppleTV, xbmc 10.1 but mine was exactly an hour out. (i knew by ssh'ing into the atv and typing 'date', so its wasnt xbmc's fault. i thought maybe as i block apple updates through Launcher it was why it didnt recognise daylight saving), but none of it worked.

i followed ptricky's post but here in the UK typed

sudo ln -sf /usr/share/zoneinfo/Europe/London /etc/localtime

boom.
I know this is an olde thread, and I know you can set the time using the XMBMC as Davilla mentioned above but I am having a few issues.
I have managed to set it by doing the reboot again but question at end is still relavent.

I have been running nightlies for months, but I installed the beta from 24/12 on the 26th I think and have only once managed to get the time correct.
To put some background to the picture:

1) We have been have quite a few power outages over the past couple of days
2) In XBMC region is set to central Europe (no Finland/helsinki option)
3) In ATV2 GUI, manually set to Helsinki
4) Whenever I exit XBMC I go to "setting date and time" in ATV GUI (endless loop)
5) Used instructions several times
Code:
cd /private/var/db/timezone
rm localtime
ln -s /usr/share/zoneinfo/Europe/Helsinki localtime
reboot
6) Modified my HOSTS with the following
Code:
##
# Host Database
#
# localhost is used to configure the loopback interface
# when the system is booting.  Do not change this entry.
##
127.0.0.1    localhost
255.255.255.255    broadcasthost
::1             localhost
fe80::1%lo0    localhost
127.0.0.1 appldnld.apple.com
127.0.0.1 mesu.apple.com
127.0.0.1 appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite.net
7) Before update was fine
8) Was set yesterday until last set of power outages

So, I am assuming that the Hosts is perhaps the issue here? Of the the 3 domains blocked,
are any of them affecting the ATVs ability to get the correct date/time settings?

How to fix/do I need all of them to stop updates?

Thanks in advance ([del]from the 70's[/del] - back in 2011)

PS: Perhaps this should have been in IOS forum instead
--
XBMC HUB - THE NEW HOME FOR ADD-ONS and PLUGINS
Read how my ATV2 installation went
ATV2 one week on ... it's getting better all the time
XBMC/ATV2 - Feeling the love
--
XBMC:
Platform - Darwin iOS (11.0.0 AppleTV2,1, Version 4.3 (Build 8F305)).
11.0-RC2 - Built on Mar 1 2012 (Git:20120229-f38655f)
Platform - Darwin OSX (8.8.2 i386, Version 10.4.7 (Build 8N6014)).
11.0-RC2 - Built on Mar 1 2012 (Git:20120229-f38655f)
Hmmm .. having the same issue on my ATV. Have tried the command lines to change to US\Eastern but it doesn't do anything. Seems stuck in Pacific. Doesn't appear to be any settings in Nito I can change either. Surprised there isn't anything in the XBMC settings section for time zone?
ATV1 (silver) or ATV2 (black) ?
Set mine in the apple tv settings and that updated what was going on in xbmc, find it hard to believe no one here has said that
Haha!!! Awesome post... Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How Do I Set the Correct Time1