[LIVE] Audio becomes garbled after a while
also ION 330HT
had to place dmix definitions in asoundrc too, otherwise crossfade doesn't work
Having the same issues. I re-installed from 9.04, then upgraded xbmc to the latest 9.11. Hopefully that will solve this issue.

Is this going to be fixed in a future version of Live ?
Upgrading from 9.04 fixed by garbled sound issues.
I fixed my garbled audio issues by using pulseaudio. Remember to run 'pulse-session' before XBMC (if you don't use gnome/KDE) and set up pulseaudio correctly. I followed wiki.archlinux.org's article on pulseaudio (although I was using ubuntu) and it works great.
I get the same problem on my Acer Aspire Revo (ION) over hdmi. I'm going to try the asound.rc fix. Anyone else have luck with that?
I have had the same problems until I updated the ALSA drivers a few days ago - excellent sound since then Wink
asound.rc fix did not work for me.
Vero 4k+ | OSMC Kodi 19.1
Sony KD-65A1
I am having this issue still after upgrading my alsa drivers to 1.022 and trying the asound fix. It is present in both XBMC and Boxee.

Anybody have any other ideas on this?
So what XBMC developers are doing about this? Looks like this is XBMC problem that's not hardware related. Currently, I have to press pause every other song to fix the garbled sound. That's really annoying.
drabina Wrote:So what XBMC developers are doing about this? Looks like this is XBMC problem that's not hardware related. Currently, I have to press pause every other song to fix the garbled sound. That's really annoying.

try pulseaudio or update alsa.
HTPC : Acer Revo R3600 / 2GB PC6400 / 2x500GB Samsung 2.5" SATAII / Roland UA1-EX
Software : Arch linux / LUKS / Openbox / xbmc-svn

I have upgraded alsa to the 1.0.23 version and while it plays now longer without any problems, I still get distorted sound after about 30 minutes. Little different sound than last time but hitting pause twice fixes it so it is still problem with XBMC/Ubuntu sound.
I have this same issue...

LIVE 9.11
2.6.31-16-generic #53-Ubuntu SMP Tue Dec 8 04:01:29 UTC 2009 i686 GNU/Linux

This is my second install, broke the first one woth a dist-upgrade, so dont know if I want to upgrade the system right now, everything else works so good Smile

Hardware is atom330 CPU with nVIDIA ION chipset. Dont have mobo-specifics right now....

digital audio output, works fine with movies, mp3/ac3/dts/whatever... but mp3 music gets garbled and distorted.. btw.. anyone tried with ogg/vorbis?

Any ideas?
Any updates? How about Dharma? Does it also have problem with garbled audio?

I am still experiencing problems even after Alsa update. Sometimes I can play for hours without any problem and sometimes after few songs, I get distorted sound.
I experience the same problem. Alsa version here: 1.0.23.
Video playback is just fine, Music is distorted randomly. Sometimes, I can play any MP3s I want to, and randomly upon starting a new one sound is suddenly distorted and runs a bit too fast.

I am using XBMC SVN revision: 34362-1

This happens with any sound settings. Tried analog, optical out, ...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] Audio becomes garbled after a while0