No Cache Settings? (r25561)
In the last few xbmc builds (from both t3ch and SVN Nightly) i havent been able to find the cache settings, it seems that they've been removed from the system settings menu if anyone knows where they are or a manual way of editing them, it would be greatly appreciated!
advancedsettings.xml

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
xbs08 Wrote:advancedsettings.xml

Isn't it suppose to be in GUIsettings.xml?
can confirm that the cache settings are in guisettings.xml, but is there any way to make the cache option visible in the menus?
In another topic arnova said as.xml and i assumed it was advancedsettings.xml. sry.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
So yes, what exactly do I need to do to make them visible in the GUI again? Any idea as to why it was taken out in the first place?

Thanks!
You can't make them visible again. They were taken out because people would change them without knowing what they do.
XBMC Manual - BlackBolt - SVN Guide - Skin SVN - Wide Icon SVN - ROM Shortcut Generator
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me :P
Bomb Bloke Wrote:You can't make them visible again. They were taken out because people would change them without knowing what they do.

septerber release (09) have cache settings still.. DVD LAN is good to have 256/512KB, motionRender is more fluent then, no outline stuttering...
Sad 
Bomb Bloke Wrote:You can't make them visible again. They were taken out because people would change them without knowing what they do.

Forgive me for saying it, but that sounds like a ridiculous reason to remove it from the UI. If they modify it and it screws them up then it's their own fault and should just revert or re-install. Why make it a pain in the ass for everyone to modify stuff if they know what they are doing when the ability was already there for a reason in the first place?

It's kinda like putting a stupid person behind the wheel of a car and saying that because they are stupid we need to remove radios from all cars because they will "possibly" get distracted and crash the car. The good suffer for the bad. :mad:

Sorry for the wall of text and venting. Just don't like it when options have to be stripped out of any application for the sake of the stupid.
GravitySpec Wrote:Forgive me for saying it, but that sounds like a ridiculous reason to remove it from the UI. If they modify it and it screws them up then it's their own fault and should just revert or re-install. Why make it a pain in the ass for everyone to modify stuff if they know what they are doing when the ability was already there for a reason in the first place?

It's kinda like putting a stupid person behind the wheel of a car and saying that because they are stupid we need to remove radios from all cars because they will "possibly" get distracted and crash the car. The good suffer for the bad. :mad:

Sorry for the wall of text and venting. Just don't like it when options have to be stripped out of any application for the sake of the stupid.

Ppl that really know what these settings do, should also be capable of creating a proper advancedsettings.xml-file, so I really don't see the problem...
-= Team Kodi developer fueled by heavy metal =-
GravitySpec Wrote:Forgive me for saying it, but that sounds like a ridiculous reason to remove it from the UI. If they modify it and it screws them up then it's their own fault and should just revert or re-install. Why make it a pain in the ass for everyone to modify stuff if they know what they are doing when the ability was already there for a reason in the first place?

You're totally right..
Take this down, customize and upload in Q:\UserData\advancedsettings.xml.
http://trac.xbmc.org/browser/branches/xb...ttings.xml

soon there may be a plugin to allow changing those settings from within XBMC...
Bulkzooi Wrote:You're totally right..

In that case you're both wrong since you obviously haven't got a clue why certain settings exist in the GUI or not...
-= Team Kodi developer fueled by heavy metal =-
I guess i'm wrong too Sad

Wouldn't be easier to add a restore cache to default settings option?

That can be done simply by removing your cache-related configuration from AdvancedSettings.xml then rebooting.

... Or so I'd assume.
XBMC Manual - BlackBolt - SVN Guide - Skin SVN - Wide Icon SVN - ROM Shortcut Generator
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me :P

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No Cache Settings? (r25561)0