[LIVE] Fully shutdown instead of sleep when press "Power" button from remote
Hi All,

Another issue I have is:
When I press "Power" button from MCE remote control, system shut it self down instead of go sleep. Anybody have solution?

I'm using 9.11b2, and select "Sleep" from menu works.

Thanks a lot

Noodle
Did you set it to do sleep on shutdown in the system settings? Believe it is under power management.
In settings there is a setting what your powerbutton should do, suspend should be there

Cheers,
Tobias
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Thanks for reply, will check once I back to home. Is it possible to check it from xml file? I have USB drive with me.

The one I found is: in "guisettings.xml", don't know what "shutdownstate" = 1 mean.

Code:
<powermanagement>
        <displaysoff>0</displaysoff>
        <shutdownstate>1</shutdownstate>
        <shutdowntime>0</shutdowntime>
    </powermanagement>

gabbott Wrote:Did you set it to do sleep on shutdown in the system settings? Believe it is under power management.
Noodle Wrote:Thanks for reply, will check once I back to home. Is it possible to check it from xml file? I have USB drive with me.

The one I found is: in "guisettings.xml", don't know what "shutdownstate" = 1 mean.

Code:
<powermanagement>
        <displaysoff>0</displaysoff>
        <shutdownstate>1</shutdownstate>
        <shutdowntime>0</shutdowntime>
    </powermanagement>

I'm pretty sure thats the setting, but I have no clue on the numbering, could be 2 for suspend.

Its visible in settings in gui atleast
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Glad stumbled on to this. I have been looking to find a way to suspend/sleep myself. I was about to make a post. I know the S key will bing up the SHUTDOWN MENU, but I just want to press a key on it suspend/sleep.
(2009-12-16, 19:53)gabbott Wrote: Did you set it to do sleep on shutdown in the system settings? Believe it is under power management.

Thank you that just worked for me! When pressing the power button now on my MCE remote the PC goes in to S3 Sleep rather than shutdown.

It seems I can only turn on the PC using the MCE remotes power button when the PC is in S3 Sleep mode.

It will not turn on the PC from S5 Shutdown for some reason? Ubuntu 12.10 Minimal with XBMC 12 RC3. I have a SoundGraph IR / VFD on an Antec Fusion 350 case.

Thanks
(2013-01-14, 16:27)cw-kid Wrote:
(2009-12-16, 19:53)gabbott Wrote: Did you set it to do sleep on shutdown in the system settings? Believe it is under power management.

Thank you that just worked for me! When pressing the power button now on my MCE remote the PC goes in to S3 Sleep rather than shutdown.

It seems I can only turn on the PC using the MCE remotes power button when the PC is in S3 Sleep mode.

It will not turn on the PC from S5 Shutdown for some reason? Ubuntu 12.10 Minimal with XBMC 12 RC3. I have a SoundGraph IR / VFD on an Antec Fusion 350 case.

Thanks

I actually have the same problem with XBMCbuntu (also have Antec case), I believe it has to do with the LCD screen not powering down properly.

Does your LCD panel on the case turn off completely when you shutdown the PC?
(2013-01-14, 17:08)raidflex Wrote:
(2013-01-14, 16:27)cw-kid Wrote:

Thanks

I actually have the same problem with XBMCbuntu (also have Antec case), I believe it has to do with the LCD screen not powering down properly.

I haven't actually got the VFD display working at all yet, I am stuck on how to do that? I only just got my MCE remote working the other day, trying to fix some buttons that aren't working on the remote, like DVD menu does not take me to the XBMC movies library. I just fixed the Green Button a moment ago.

Thanks
(2013-01-14, 17:33)cw-kid Wrote:
(2013-01-14, 17:08)raidflex Wrote:
(2013-01-14, 16:27)cw-kid Wrote: Thank you that just worked for me! When pressing the power button now on my MCE remote the PC goes in to S3 Sleep rather than shutdown.

Thanks

I haven't actually got the VFD display working at all yet, I am stuck on how to do that? I only just got my MCE remote working the other day, trying to fix some buttons that aren't working on the remote, like DVD menu does not take me to the XBMC movies library. I just fixed the Green Button a moment ago.

Thanks

Yeah, I am in the exact same spot as you with the LCD. Still have not got it to display any text.
Hi guys, nice to read all this help from great people around here..

I have a small problem. Im using XBMC on Pivos (linux) , and when i press power button , there is no shutdown option, only sleep and restart ? It seems a little bit wierd bcs i was previous using XBMC on windows and i had much more options on power button..

Thank you so much for your help in advance..

Ika S

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] Fully shutdown instead of sleep when press "Power" button from remote0