forum ban
Whats the go with a forum ban on my account with no valid reason. Username "firthy".
It would be nice to know why my account was banned from I think my first and only post.

I tried to check the forum rules, but they don't exist unfortunately.

Not Found

The requested URL /faq.php was not found on this server.

Apache/2.2.9 (Debian) mod_wsgi/2.5 Python/2.5.2 Server at forum.xbmc.org Port 80
the reason given was "Spam" so not sure what you posted but in our eyes it was considered spam.
Understand we we get a lot of "users" with one post that begin spamming the forum so in such cases we hit the "remove spammer" button.
If it was correct in your case I have no idea.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
i posted one message about an android device from chinavasion asking if anyone had seen or used them. if this was wrong I don't understand why or why there was no warning. Spam is posting bulk messages. I only posted one message. why wouldn't one of the moderators at least provide a reason? By cutting me off with no explanation it does nothing as i can just request a new login with another email and I have no knowledge of my error so the same thing can happen again. Can i please have my username re-activated?
also if it was for posting about an android device from chinavasion, then on the home page under the android link, one of the 252 comments has a link to a Sony google TV device. is this "spam" as well?
I recall seeing a post yesterday about an Android device that only listed the specs and a couple of links to the same external site and was not prefaced with any question/comment about the viability of this device as a potential XBMC platform. Was that your post? When I read it, it seemed like an opportunistic product/vendor placement ad to capitalize on the recent buzz over the XBMC Android announcement.

I did not report that post, but it did have the earmarks of an ad: Newly registered member making a first post that containing links to outside products/services that have no or tenuous relationship to XBMC.

Again, that's assuming the post I'm describing is indeed the one you made as "firthy".
It's being looked into.
Sorry, my bad. Since our android announcement we've been ranking higher on search results for "Android" which can attract spambots. It was your first post, didn't actually mention XBMC, and just talked about an Android player with a link to buy it. All of this is perfectly okay, as it's no different than a lot of XBMC-related-hardware posts, but I mistook you for a spambot. As you are clearly a human, the account is unbanned and you have my apologies.
Thanks very much and I appreciate the response. Given your comments I can see where my post was perhaps not detailed enough and I can understand how you might think it was some form of advertising. I will make sure any future posts are not so generic. Thanks again and well done on such a great piece of software.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
forum ban0