[Live] second cursor remains in center of screen after retuning from command line
I'm running an Acer Aspire Revo 3610 with Live 9.11 RC1.

When I access the command line (ctl+alt+F6), and then return to XBMC (ctl+alt+F7), there is a smaller version of the mouse cursor in the center of the screen that doesn't move (almost like it's part of the picture). I still have the mouse cursor that I can move around, but this "copy" remains in the center through all menu screens, movies, etc. The only way to get rid of it is to suspend and wake the unit or to reboot.

Any ideas?
search for HWCursor=off
Luigi-

As always... You're awesome.

Thanks for the help.
htrodscott,
what did you do with the cursor? Where do I have to search for HWCursor=off?

Thanks.
skmichi Wrote:htrodscott,
what did you do with the cursor? Where do I have to search for HWCursor=off?

Thanks.
Code:
sudo nano /etc/X11/xorg.conf

Then look for the [Device]-section and add the following line to it:

Code:
Option "HWCursor" "off"
Kodi v17 "Krypton" Beta 6 running on Amazon Fire TV (2014) with FLIRC receiver.
Thanks x5nder,

You beat me to it. skmichi, do what he said. It fixed my annoying cross in the center of my screen.

This forum is great. So many helpful people.
Sad 
Hi Luigi,

I'm new to linux and xbmc. I had this problem in my Lucid + Xbmc on my new Zacate AMD E-350. Your solution helped me remove the second cursor BUT
today after updating to Catalyst Control Centre 11.10 its back and the X11/xorg file still has HWcursor as "off".
Cannot remove it the cursor.
Please help. Its so annoying. No clue:confused2:
Thanks
Hi Luigi,

Just found out that when there is an update of Catalyst Control Centre we need to manualy create a new xorg config file and needs to force use the same. - http://wiki.cchtml.com/index.php/Ubuntu_....conf_file

Not sure if this conflicts the earlier xorg config file and do something. Like i said i'm new to linux and xbmc and so i do not have any clue what this is all about.

Would be grateful if you could just show me the steps to say check /remove/update or change whatever to remove the cursor.

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Live] second cursor remains in center of screen after retuning from command line0