• 3(current)
Notify - iPhone Notification App for XBMC (send push notifications to XBMC)
forex Wrote:Any change you can implement email notification as well?
Love the app, good job!

I'll look into it, shouldn't be to hard. I'm on vacation though now flights in an hour or two so might be a few days until I get around to coding some new stuff in, But Push, and Email notifications are on the top of the list, as well as getting a SBSettings Toggle in.

I was thinking of making this a 1$ app on Cydia, with no license/security stuff. You guys think thats fair...? Is it something you guys would pay for...?
If you get those features in, that's certainly fair and I'd be happy to chip in for it.

One more suggestion: update the icon with a ARGB version with some AA, and without the white background.
sPOiDar Wrote:If you get those features in, that's certainly fair and I'd be happy to chip in for it.

One more suggestion: update the icon with a ARGB version with some AA, and without the white background.

Sounds good.

My graphics skills are not that good if someone wants to come up with an icon be my guest. If I try I'll be working on it till next Christmas. Smile
johoja Wrote:I'll look into it, shouldn't be to hard. I'm on vacation though now flights in an hour or two so might be a few days until I get around to coding some new stuff in, But Push, and Email notifications are on the top of the list, as well as getting a SBSettings Toggle in.

I was thinking of making this a 1$ app on Cydia, with no license/security stuff. You guys think thats fair...? Is it something you guys would pay for...?

If you add email notifications and sbsettings toggle, 1$ is totally worth it Smile
johoja Wrote:Is anyone in here using Windows for XBMC? If they are is the Notify App Working?

Working fine on Win7 for me.
-stoli-
Hmm, all my callers show up as 'Unknown', but I do run a lot of extensions, so maybe one of those is causing the issue. Also, SMSs don't work at all for me, but that's probably because I'm using BiteSMS, any chance of compatibility? They have a free trial I believe.
Thank you SOOOOO much for this app. I absolutely love it and will GLADLY pay a dollar for it on cydia store. Also I agree with the BiteSMS thing. Any compatibility would be greatly appreciated.
jguest Wrote:Thank you SOOOOO much for this app. I absolutely love it and will GLADLY pay a dollar for it on cydia store. Also I agree with the BiteSMS thing. Any compatibility would be greatly appreciated.

It's been a (long) while since I used BiteSMS, but aren't the messages outside of the normal iPhone SMS app? In that case I would imagine he would have to trap the push notification from BiteSMS and broadcast that to xbmc - which I believe johoja said was on the list of features to add.
-stoli-
stoli Wrote:It's been a (long) while since I used BiteSMS, but aren't the messages outside of the normal iPhone SMS app? In that case I would imagine he would have to trap the push notification
They use the same DB, just a matter of where in the chain johoja is hooking the events. As for push, I think he wants to hook all push notifications, which would be awesome, but there is no 'push' involved in SMS - they arrive via your carrier using a separate protocol.
sPOiDar Wrote:They use the same DB, just a matter of where in the chain johoja is hooking the events. As for push, I think he wants to hook all push notifications, which would be awesome, but there is no 'push' involved in SMS - they arrive via your carrier using a separate protocol.

Push Notifications are different than SMSes.

I'll install it BiteSMS and see what happens. Has anyone else had the issue of not having SMS's being notified, and caller's showing up as Unknown?
johoja Wrote:Push Notifications are different than SMSes.

That's what I said Wink
johoja Wrote:Sounds good.

My graphics skills are not that good if someone wants to come up with an icon be my guest. If I try I'll be working on it till next Christmas. Smile

I will try to take a crack the icon thing after Christmas if you'd like.

Anyone know what the specifications for iPhone icons are?
If it's just a transparent RGB .png file it should be a piece of cake.

Will Display picture functionality be added to XBMC for windows machines?
It's a minor detail and not necessary just asking...

Thank you for all your hard work, this is an awesome application and would be a steal at $1.
mediocretapioca Wrote:I will try to take a crack the icon thing after Christmas if you'd like.

Anyone know what the specifications for iPhone icons are?
If it's just a transparent RGB .png file it should be a piece of cake.

Will Display picture functionality be added to XBMC for windows machines?
It's a minor detail and not necessary just asking...

Thank you for all your hard work, this is an awesome application and would be a steal at $1.

Cool an icon would be much appreciated.

Yes before I add any new features I want to tackle any problems there are currently. Such as the windows display picture thing. There is a workaround...but I don't like it. Trying to see if theres a way to do it without having the user say "im using windows".
johoja Wrote:Cool an icon would be much appreciated.

Yes before I add any new features I want to tackle any problems there are currently. Such as the windows display picture thing. There is a workaround...but I don't like it. Trying to see if theres a way to do it without having the user say "im using windows".

I've fixed the issue with Display picutres on windows, and confirmed that BiteSMS is causing some issues...I'll try and figure out another way to hook into SMS messages.
I've submitted a new version to Cydia with some fixes.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Notify - iPhone Notification App for XBMC (send push notifications to XBMC)2