• 4(current)
Hacking the Boxee Box to run XBMC?
snoopy78 Wrote:Hi,

tell me how to test.. then i'll tell you...but it can take some time bcz as of tomorrow i'll be in romania for some days....

Smile

you would need a stream file from a bluray, *.m2ts and an AV receiver that can handle it.
hmmm....ok... the BR i could rip and stream via network...but i don't have the AV reciever supporting DTS-HD...
Hello,

i just checked the settings of the Boxee Box...

with HDMI i can select
- Dolby Digital (AC3) capable reciever
- reciver supports DTS
- Dolby Digital Plus (DD+) capable reciever
- Dolby TrueHD capable reciever
- DTS-HD capable reciever
- LPCM 7.1 capable reciever

Smile hope this helps you
snoopy78 Wrote:Hello,

i just checked the settings of the Boxee Box...

with HDMI i can select
- Dolby Digital (AC3) capable reciever
- reciver supports DTS
- Dolby Digital Plus (DD+) capable reciever
- Dolby TrueHD capable reciever
- DTS-HD capable reciever
- LPCM 7.1 capable reciever

Smile hope this helps you

Thx sounds good Nod
lossless audio bitstreaming is a feature of the CE4100 so no surprise there, but it's great that boxee have enabled this option right from the start
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
akelley Wrote:But have you tried 1080 3DHuh Big Grin

Working on it.

Playos Wrote:anything with an Atom n450 or newer can handle 1080p and should run Xbox Live without issue.
You mean XBMC Live Smile
..that's what i want too.... tried to boot up the boxee box with dharma beta 2 live usb stick...no response... also i can't telnet or ssh into the box....:S

i really would love xbmc on this device..
snoopy78 Wrote:..that's what i want too.... tried to boot up the boxee box with dharma beta 2 live usb stick...no response... also i can't telnet or ssh into the box....:S

i really would love xbmc on this device..

XBMC on it might be fun if at all possible

We, Team XBMC currently have no idea if that's the case
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Aren't the Boxee people still kinda involved with XBMC? Aren't they one of the closer forks?

So can the boxee box play bd-iso and if so to what extent. Also can it play dvd-iso with menus?
according to an anandtech article, it will play DVD and BD-ISOs but without menu support. it would be great if snoopy could verify this for us.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/3912/boxee...de-story/1
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
For ion pc's, the dds fanart makes a huge difference when scrolling through the movie library. Is this just because the nvidia gpu supports the dds files or will the ce4100 support it too?
Just curious, how you guys got a hold of Boxee box so fast ?

Last I heard, some of the boxee guys are on the xbmc board.
The normal XBMC log IS NOT a debug log, to enable debug logging you must toggle it on under XBMC Settings - System or in advancedsettings.xml. Use XBMC Debug Log Addon to retrieve it.
hi guys...

currently i'm in romania for business purposes...and will be back on sunday... so i'll test the DVD ISO for sure on weekend.. abt the BR ISO ..tell me how to create one...then i'll rip one of my BRs for testing purposes....

ok...how i got my boxee box (i know it's not official released now)..i just got a TEST sample... this means i got it for testing purposes...and i really like to hack it bcz i personally prefer xbmc over boxee.....

in my opinion the playback of local sources (QNAP TS-509 SMB Shares) is more easy with xbmc than it seems to be with boxee box... also i'm not into social networking...so i don't need stuff like facebook....

hope this helps everyone....

p.s... what i know is that you can update the boxee box via USB... but you need a special Firmware Image to do so.... so maybe this could be the way to hack the box....
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hacking the Boxee Box to run XBMC?1