• 29(current)
[WIP] AniDB.net Anime Video Scraper
(2012-04-23, 18:20)lianthus Wrote: Hey guys, I've been scouring the internets for far too many hours and decided to try to post here. I'm looking to get the AniDB scraper to retrieve 'episode information' for the opening and closing themes for anime. I have a lot of creditless openings and would like to connect it with anidb.net. Also, I have some of the trailers, which they also have info for, that I would let to get as well. If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated.

I actually modified my anidb scraper a while ago to include OPs, EDs and trailers by mapping them as specials starting from episode 101 for OPs and EDs, and 201 for trailers (e.g OP1 would S00E101, Trailer 1 would be S00E201)... However, it didn't work totally as expected. XBMC automatically "corrects" the episode numbers for each season so that the first episode listed is always episode 1, so when the series had no genuine specials, OP1 (episode 101), being the "first" special episode, would get corrected to S00E01, and all subsequent episodes would then be 100 less than expected, with Trailer 1 then being S00E101. So the OP1 file on my computer, being named S00E101, would match against Trailer 1 when scraped (or against nothing if there were no trailers listed). Not ideal.

Didn't affect me too much, though, since I compile my own version of XBMC anyway, I just removed the bit of code that corrects the episode numbers, but that's hardly a solution for everybody.
(2012-04-23, 14:28)lad1337 Wrote: i know the addon is in the xbmc repo and everything ... but is i possible to download the source ?
or where is it hosted ? ... i am specifically interested in the anime-list.xml
http://sites.google.com/site/anidblist/anime-list.xml

(2012-04-23, 18:20)lianthus Wrote: Hey guys, I've been scouring the internets for far too many hours and decided to try to post here. I'm looking to get the AniDB scraper to retrieve 'episode information' for the opening and closing themes for anime. I have a lot of creditless openings and would like to connect it with anidb.net. Also, I have some of the trailers, which they also have info for, that I would let to get as well. If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated.
As scudlee already wrote it isn't impossible but, at least from my point of view (and I have a lot of opening/endings too), not worth of effort. Only advantage is that you will have them in library, naming is often meaningless and there are no other informations worth of scraping. I'll not invest my time to it, sorry Smile
Hello I'm trying to scrape my anime collection with the anidb.net scraper, but I have some problems with scraping OVAs and Movies. For example, I can't make the scraper recognize Unicorn Gundam, even if all files are renamed correctly (1x01, 1x02, etc). The scraper works perfectly for all TV shows, only the ovas (and movies) that are giving me problems.
Anyone knows how to do it?

Thanks
Post your debug log while scraping problematic OVAs/Movies.
nothing is scraping today at all... :S
Major Props Poofy and Eskro! Check out their sigs for the best help/advice.
it's happening sometimes :/
Yea having the same issue today. Nothing will scrap at all.
I tried to scrape something now and it's working fine.
I guess there was AniDB.net API maitenance or some kind of drop-out, nothing what scraper can affect.
So the scraper worked wonderfully... except for one thing. it only scrapes 99 episodes for Gintama, when there are actually 201 episodes. It just stops at 99...

Edit: nevermind, when I was changing file names I forgot to do Gintama ><
EDIT: n/m.... just trying to follow the guide here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...ming_files ... since I can't find anything solid in this thread on what filename format works and what doesn't....

I guess the main issue I have, is it possible to not have to stick "S01" on all the shows, without having to get into fancy regex sorcery? The problem is that the Anidb'O'Matic renamer does not seem to provide season #, only episode #... probably because additional seasons of an anime often have a different name rather than simply a season number. So, sticking "S01" in front of all the episode numbers is just incredibly stupid, because it might not be a season 1 show... but AOM doesn't offer the possibility of knowing...
Hi there,
I had the same problem with my anime collection and after two days of struggle I can clearly say that naming is the key to get everything recognized.
As you have noticed there are no real season in anime, only sequels and/or prequels, which makes it quiet difficult for XBMC to recognize stuff.

Anyway, this is how I sorted my anime to get it going:

----path/to/anime/
/Shakugan no Shana/
-Shakugan no Shana - 01 - The End to Everything, the One Beginning
/Shakugan no Shana Second/
-Shakugan no Shana Second - 01 - The Time for the Second Time
and so on.....

It seems that you have to put each "season" in a separate folder otherwise it won't load everything, but you don't need to rename everything, the folder name seems to be the most important thing. In my case I only renamed multi-season anime's and those that where not correctly recognized.
As for the advancedsettigns.xml you only need to put in this:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
<tvshowmatching action="prepend">
<regexp>(?:[\ _-]{2,3})(\d{1,3})</regexp>
</tvshowmatching>
</advancedsettings>

In short: Absolute numbering and Separate folders.

I got 140+ animes correctly recognized this way, the only things that doesn't work are openings, endings and specials but I don't really care about those.

I hope I could help you somehow and if you have any questions fell free to contact me, I'm still a noob myself but I managed so far.
For season artwork cataloguing you would have to rename each episode with S01E01 (s01e01) ect and then scrape the said series via the TVDB add-on , One Piece for example and it's 15 seasons. The 2 Project Index seasons for example are listed as S01 and S02 .

The AniDB add-on seems to scrape most specials if you use the S00 prefix re-naming method, matching the specials and Ovas listed on the TVDB, seems to work in a majority of cases.

Okay, the only issue I have left (other than specials) are most of my OVA are not showing up... Tried putting them in their own folder, but they still don't show up.

Looks like it's still the file browser for me ... This is too much of a pain in the rear.

The real problem isn't this scraper, the real problem is XBMC itself, refusing to accept anything out of a straight-jacket-form-fit view of how TV shows should be organized.

It would be dead simple for programmers within XBMC to allow for special episodes and OVA, but they just don't care.

lothiinator I think you are being a little too critical of XBMC. Some examples of the Ova's or specials you cannot get to display would help.

I have over 600 series and out of the 1000s of eps, specials and Ovas it would be less than a handful of them that I cannot catalogue within XBMC. Due to rare non listed episode or special. Good file re-naming is critical.

For example Usagi Drop (Bunny Dop on TVDB) it's 4 specials if re-named in sequence as listed on AniDB or TVDB Usagi Drop S00E1 - Leaf Aquarium [1280x720][Blu-ray].mkv ..... Usagi Drop S00E2 - To Santa [1280x720][Blu-ray].mkv ect then inserted within the main folder with the rest of the normal episodes the AniDB add-on scraper will scrape and list them perfectly within XBMC.

(2012-06-02, 05:04)lothinator Wrote: Okay, the only issue I have left (other than specials) are most of my OVA are not showing up... Tried putting them in their own folder, but they still don't show up.

Looks like it's still the file browser for me ... This is too much of a pain in the rear.

The real problem isn't this scraper, the real problem is XBMC itself, refusing to accept anything out of a straight-jacket-form-fit view of how TV shows should be organized.

It would be dead simple for programmers within XBMC to allow for special episodes and OVA, but they just don't care.

Don't give up just yet. You can manually add them pretty easy as long as they show up under files.
I don't now how you set it up but I've got a anime playlist and it seems that playlists only show scrapped folders. Sometimes the scrapping process doesn't work even if everything is set up correctly but the folder should appear in the files menu. Scrapping those folder is pretty simple, just open your playlist an go up a level until you see the "Files.." category, select it and then select your playlist, now you should see every folder even those who are not scrapped, they shouldn't have any thumbs or artwork. If you select one of them and press "i" or right click "Show Information" there should be an option "Refresh" do it and something should happen, either you have to type in the name of the show (this means the folder name is not recognized), or you have to select the show from a drop down menu (this happened with most of my OVA's) after that the scrapping should be complete and the show/OVA should appear in your library.

I know this is not the best solution, depending on how many OVA's you've got, but I'd rather do it manually and avoid struggling with the automated process.
  • 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] AniDB.net Anime Video Scraper3