• 7(current)
Win HOW-TO play Blu-ray Disc with External Player and auto adjust refresh rate
update: IT WORKS !!! FINALLY !!!

all i did was reinstalling the system and installed the new catalyst 11.6 instead of 11.5.

now bluray playback is perfect smooth with Power DVD 11 Cinema Mode Cool

best greetz
Awesome guide!!! I've been looking around all day for different methods to get bluray discs to play. First I installed the trial of TMT and attempted to get that working but couldn't, which I was quite bummed about as I like the TMT interface much more than Powerdvd's. Anyway, I went on to Powerdvd 11 and it worked almost flawlessly. The only little quirk is that it doesn't auto-start the bluray, but that's not a huge deal.
Thanks for this!
Hey all I am using the latest margo pvr build , which plays my blu ray iso's fine as is but wont work for 3d isos in 3d mode. Is there a way I can adjust the script on first page so it uses tmt for my 3d blu ray and only uses TMT for 3d blu rays?
hey guys-

this thread really helped me take the next step in xbmc so i appreciate the work...but now i have a question-

i have been converting some of my bd collection to my hard drive and have been doing a direct copy with the full folder structure...not using ISO...

so now that i have the 'play disc' function working for a bd in my optical drive...the new rules have caused my full folders to be ignored by xbmc...and its pretty obvious that once you define your optical drive letter in <args> that you are killing playback of bd folders on your hard drive...so i figure just set up another external player in playercorefactory and use my normal batch file to call tmt5....but the files still won't play...i guess its because they both look for the same bdmv filetype and that cant be good...i just dont understand why xbmc is so oblivious to your 'play disc' optical drive until it is defined in the external player <args>...i'm not understanding why you cant just define the drive(s) xbmc associates with 'play disc' elsewhere and have a single external player in playercorefactory...and when you launch a file...xbmc just shoots the address to the external player so theres no drive confusion...posting my playercorefactory so point out mistakes if u see them....and can this be fixed or do i need to start ripping to ISO and set up a rule for that?

playercorefactory-

<players>

<player name="TMT5disc" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="true" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe</filename>
<args>"D:"</args>
</player>

<player name="TMT5folder" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="true" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.cmd</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>

</players>

<rules action="prepend">
<rule name="Blu-Ray" protocols="bd|dvd" player="TMT5disc"/>
<rule filetypes="bdmv|ifo" player="TMT5folder"/>
</rules>

-------------------
uMCEPlayer5.cmd -

"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uMCEPlayer5.exe" "%~dp1"

thanks for your time
i used to have all kind of messy advancesettings and playercorefactory. it worked, but i moved on to a simpler pre-eden. since i switched to pre-eden, i disabled all advancesettings and playercorefactory.

the playback and control are more fluent with pre-eden than advancesettings and playercorefactory. if you are interesting, you can find pre-eden version in my signature!
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
lol...anyone have a real suggestion?
spleeker Wrote:lol...anyone have a real suggestion?
okay, you don't like the very easy real suggestion in post #95.

here is a harder way to get it to work with your tmt5.

these codes should work, and you need to structure the folder and codes as the enclosed guide in the link. it work flawless on my htpc- xbmc_vcd_tmt5

below are the actual codes, and you can simply copy the coded into notepad to create the files and save it in the folder as above:

PlayDisc.BAT
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe" E: (note- E: is bd-rom)

PlayISO.BAT
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe" N: (note-N: is vcd drive use for mounting iso)
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 /u

playercorefactory.XML
<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="PlayISO" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\Dell\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
<forceontop>false</forceontop>
<hidecursor>false</hidecursor>
</player>
<player name="PlayDisc" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\Dell\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>
<forceontop>false</forceontop>
<hidecursor>false</hidecursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<rule filename="*iso*" player="PlayISO"/>

<!-- Bluray Disc -->
<rule protocols="bd" player="PlayDisc"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

if the folders of your vcd and tmt5 are different from mine, you can change it to the correct folders!
Thanks...im about to try that out...but what about ripped bluray folders that aren't ISO files...how can I get those to play as well and not have conflicts
spleeker Wrote:Thanks...im about to try that out...but what about ripped bluray folders that aren't ISO files...how can I get those to play as well and not have conflicts
this is why i said it is messy. here is the playercorefactory for playback everything using external player-

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="TotalMediaTheatre5" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="true" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5\uTotalMediaTheatre5.exe</filename>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="*.*" player="TotalMediaTheatre5">
</rule>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

the easiest way is this- download darma 10.1, but launch xbmc from this folder- xbmc_hd_audio
Hi folks,

I'm watching this thread and one similar for Linux also in the pursuit for a smooth bluray playback on XBMC. On Linux it can be done with MakeMKV but not a real smooth playback once you need to wait around 2 min to get the disc loaded (time needed by MakeMKV to decrypt the disc and start streaming it).

I really wouldn't like to switch my HTPC OS from Linux to Win, but if the bluray playback on Win is very good, that would make me thinking about it.

You guys that are using TMT or other external player to play the bluray discs, how long does it take? It seams that we can't get a bluray disc start playing in less than 15 secs on HTPC setups...

I'm really looking forward about this, so that I could enjoy blurays discs from my HTPC.

Thx in advance!
gpborges Wrote:Hi folks,

I'm watching this thread and one similar for Linux also in the pursuit for a smooth bluray playback on XBMC. On Linux it can be done with MakeMKV but not a real smooth playback once you need to wait around 2 min to get the disc loaded (time needed by MakeMKV to decrypt the disc and start streaming it).

I really wouldn't like to switch my HTPC OS from Linux to Win, but if the bluray playback on Win is very good, that would make me thinking about it.

You guys that are using TMT or other external player to play the bluray discs, how long does it take? It seams that we can't get a bluray disc start playing in less than 15 secs on HTPC setups...

I'm really looking forward about this, so that I could enjoy blurays discs from my HTPC.

Thx in advance!
XBMC and 7MCE with TMT5 are both very quick. It playback bluray from BD-ROM and bluray (m2ts, iso, mkv, etc) with DTS-HD and TrueHD flawless. XBMC pre-eden can playback all bluray files with DTS-HD and TrueHD flawless by itself too!
bluray Wrote:XBMC and 7MCE with TMT5 are both very quick. It playback bluray from BD-ROM and bluray (m2ts, iso, mkv, etc) with DTS-HD and TrueHD flawless. XBMC pre-eden can playback all bluray files with DTS-HD and TrueHD flawless by itself too!

Hum... That's good to know. When you say very quick... Would you know how many seconds in average? Just to have an idea?

Thx!
gpborges Wrote:Hum... That's good to know. When you say very quick... Would you know how many seconds in average? Just to have an idea?

Thx!
when i said quick, i meant that it is comparable to playback bluray on ps3. i never actually time it, but it seems to be very quick!
bluray Wrote:when i said quick, i meant that it is comparable to playback bluray on ps3. i never actually time it, but it seems to be very quick!

Hum, that's good to know. My HTPC has win7 installed also. Will do the setup you guys recommended here and test it a bit... :-)

Thx!
Hey Bluray,

I went through all your steps in your word doc and tried to play avatar on BD and the screen flashed quickly and that was all, is there anything else you might recommend?

Also the pre-eden ver. how far off is it from stable release?

Cheers;
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO play Blu-ray Disc with External Player and auto adjust refresh rate1