• 5(current)
Win HOW-TO play Blu-ray Disc with External Player and auto adjust refresh rate
I have question regarding this method of switching refresh rates. Currently, I have a few movies which properly switch and everything is great. However, there are some that start playing the movie and then 5-10 seconds after the start of the film, the switch occurs but when the screen re-situates, the audio is playing but the screen is blank.

However, if I double click the title bar of TMT and reduce the size, the picture immediately shows up and if I re-maximize everything works perfectly.

Is there a way to prevent this from happening or can someone shed some light on why certain movies are blanking initially. Thanks for the help.
Smile 
Good morning! Nod

I am testing the TotalMedia Theater 3 to play Blu-Ray and DVD in XBMC (external player). But I'm not having success.

Below I am reporting what I wish to examine from friends. With TotalMedia Theater 3 (XBMC external player):

- Play Blu-Ray (via Blu-Ray PC (CD / DVD Recorder and Blu-Ray player - ROM))
- Play Blu-Ray (via a Blu-Ray ISO (HD)
- Play Blu-Ray (through folders copied to the HD).
- Same for DVDs

I'm using for this:
- Vista, XBMC (xbmc-trunk-r28256), TotalMedia Theater 3 (uDTStart or uDigital Theatre or uMCEDVDPlayer (my preferred interface)), Daemon Tools Lite 4.30.4.0027 and Monitor/TV LCD 42" FullHD (connected to PC via D-SUB (don't use HDMI)).

With the xml's below'm having success running Blu-Rays and DVDs, respectively, through the archives index.bdmv (Blu-Ray) and VIDEO_TS.IFO (DVD).

Advancedsettings.xml:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <videoextensions>
    <add>index.bdmv</add>
    </videoextensions>
</advancedsettings>

playercorefactory.xml

Code:
<playercorefactory>
  <players>
    <player name="TMTMCEPlayer" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
      <filename>C:\Program Files\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 3\uMCEDVDPlayer.exe</filename>
      <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
      <hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
      <warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
    </player>
  </players>
  <rules action="prepend">
    <rule name="Blu-Ray" protocols="bd" player="TMTMCEPlayer"/>
    <rule filetypes="bdmv" filename="*.bdmv" player="TMTMCEPlayer"/>
  </rules>
</playercorefactory>

Please, I need help. Excuse my English, but a request for help is universal ... Rolleyes

Thank you.

[els]
mindweaver Wrote:External player will work fine with PowerDVD8. I'm not sure that ReClocks refreshscript will. I will update the guide after christmas with externalplayer xml for PowerDVD. I am now successfully using PowerDVD9 in Cinema mode with it!

Everything depends on which refresh rates your TV can handle. What model do you have? I am using a LG50PG7000 via HDMI and I can get 23.976, 24, 29.997, 30, 50, 59.9 and 60hz.

Tell me your model and I will try to investigate it for you Smile

hello, with the power dvd9 did You also get HD sound out ?

i will love to spend time to learn how to do this ...i have power dvd 10 ,but i dont know anything about codes , so if it dont play HD sound , its not wortched the time ...

thank You for any help .
[els];521874 Wrote:Good morning! Nod

I am testing the TotalMedia Theater 3 to play Blu-Ray and DVD in XBMC (external player). But I'm not having success.

Below I am reporting what I wish to examine from friends. With TotalMedia Theater 3 (XBMC external player):

- Play Blu-Ray (via Blu-Ray PC (CD / DVD Recorder and Blu-Ray player - ROM))
- Play Blu-Ray (via a Blu-Ray ISO (HD)
- Play Blu-Ray (through folders copied to the HD).
- Same for DVDs

I'm using for this:
- Vista, XBMC (xbmc-trunk-r28256), TotalMedia Theater 3 (uDTStart or uDigital Theatre or uMCEDVDPlayer (my preferred interface)), Daemon Tools Lite 4.30.4.0027 and Monitor/TV LCD 42" FullHD (connected to PC via D-SUB (don't use HDMI)).

With the xml's below'm having success running Blu-Rays and DVDs, respectively, through the archives index.bdmv (Blu-Ray) and VIDEO_TS.IFO (DVD).

Advancedsettings.xml:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <videoextensions>
    <add>index.bdmv</add>
    </videoextensions>
</advancedsettings>

playercorefactory.xml

Code:
<playercorefactory>
  <players>
      <filename>C:\Program Files\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 3\uMCEDVDPlayer.exe</filename>
    </player>
  </players>
  <rules action="prepend">
    <rule filetypes="bdmv" filename="*.bdmv" player="TMTMCEPlayer"/>
  </rules>
</playercorefactory>

Please, I need help. Excuse my English, but a request for help is universal ... Rolleyes

Thank you.

[els]

hello, so with this codes You can easy control the Blu-ray player inside the XBMC ...how is the menus and sound ? is the Sound original or is it gowing from XBMC = no HD sound -its downgraded to regular dolby or dts ?

thanks for any help Smile!
Thumbs Up 
Have tried your sollution in the OP but when I want to play the BD, the screen goes black, the timer starts running but nothing more happens and the BD stops. When I try again I get an error (too many broken points or something). So it just looks like the external player is not being started....

My HTPC specs:
Windows 7 Home running XBMC Built on Dec 23 2009 (SVN:26017, compiler 1500)
GigaByte GA-MA785GMT-UD2H Mainboard with onboard Audio/Video
AMD Athlon II X4 435 (2,9 GHz)
ATI Radeon HD 4200 (VGA, DVI, HDMI)
4GB RAM
Western Digital WD10EARS 64MB Cache 1000GB (Caviar Green)
Samsung SH-B083L (Blu-Ray-Player)
Realtek ALC889A 8 Channels 7.1 High Definition Surround Sound System

My playercorefactory.xml located in D:\Program Files\XBMC\Userdata\
Code:
<playercorefactory>
  <players>
    <player name="TMTMCEPlayer" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="true" video="true">
      <filename>D:\Program Files\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 3\uMCEDVDPlayer.exe</filename>
    <args>"F:"</args>
      <hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
      <hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
    </player>
  </players>
  <rules action="prepend">
  </rules>
</playercorefactory>
Changed software location and BD-Drive letter to fit my system. When I run the player with F: argument from the windows run command it plays the BluRay......

My runevent.vbs located in D:\Program Files\ReClock:
Code:
' -------------------------------------
' Event notification script for ReClock
' -------------------------------------
'
' This script will be called when ReClock change the media adaptation of a played file
' either automatically or after some manual change made in the properties panel
' It is called only for media file which contain a video stream, and when frame rate of this file is known
'
' ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
' The 7 parameters received by this script are explained below:
'
' (1) contains the event name that just occurred:
'    - "GREEN"  : tray icon just got green (all is fine). Parameter
'    - "YELLOW" : tray icon just got yellow. We should make what is necessary
'                 to change the monitor refresh rate
'    - "STOP"   : playback just stopped
'    - "QUIT"   : ReClock is about to quit
'
' Parameters (2), (3), (8) and (9) apply only with "GREEN" and "YELLOW" events. Otherwise they contain "-"
'
' (2) contains the type of media file currently played :
'    - "CINEMA" : frame rate of source file is around 24 fps
'    - "PAL"    : frame rate of source file is around 25 fps
'    - "NTSC"   : frame rate of source file is around 30 fps
'    - "CUSTOM" : frame rate of source file does not fall in previous categories
'
' (3) contains the current sound playback mode (apply only with GREEN/YELLOW event):
'    - "PCM"    : PCM mode
'    - "SPDIF"  : AC3 passthrough SPDIF
'
' (4) contains the current monitor selected for playback (1=primary, 2=secondary, etc...)
'
' (5) contains the total monitor count detected in the system
'
' (6) contains the current resolution of your monitor (WIDTHxHEIGHT)
'
' (7) contains the current refresh rate of your monitor (in Hz)
'
' (8) contains the original playback rate of the file (in fps multiplied by 1000)
'
' (9) contains the current playback rate of the file (in fps multiplied by 1000)
'
' (10) contains the filename of the current media file
'
' ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
' Notifications examples:
'   - GREEN CINEMA PCM 1 1 1024x768 72 23976 24000 c:\test.avi : all is good
'   - GREEN NTSC PCM 1 1 1024x768 60 29970 30000  c:\test.avi : all is good
'   - YELLOW PAL SPDIF 1 1 1024x768 72 25000 25000 c:\test.avi : please switch to a multiple of 25 hz since PAL wants 25 fps
'   - YELLOW CINEMA SPDIF 1 1 1024x768 75 23976 23976 c:\test.avi : please switch to 71.928 hz
'
' Decode the parameters
Set objArgs = WScript.Arguments
If objArgs.Count < 10 Then
    MsgBox "Bad argument count !",  MB_OK, "ReClock Event Notification"

' We have done nothing. Return 1 to indicate ReClock that
    ' the configuration has not changed
    WScript.Quit 1
End If

eventName = objArgs(0)
mediaType = objArgs(1)
soundMode = objArgs(2)
currentMonitor = objArgs(3)
totalMonitorCount = objArgs(4)
currentResolution = objArgs(5)
currentRefreshRate = objArgs(6)
originalPlaybackSpeed = objArgs(7)
currentPlaybackSpeed = objArgs(8)
currentMediaFile = objArgs(9)

' If you need to debug, replace false with true in the following line
if false Then MsgBox _
    eventName & " " & _
    mediaType & " " & _
    soundMode & " " & _
    currentMonitor & " " & _
    totalMonitorCount & " " & _
    currentResolution & " " & _
    currentRefreshRate & " " & _
    originalPlaybackSpeed & " " & _
    currentPlaybackSpeed, _
    MB_OK, "ReClock Event Notification"

Set wshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

' Obviously we have something to do only if the icon is yellow
If eventName = "YELLOW" Then

If originalPlaybackSpeed="23976" Then
    newRefreshRate = "23"
    WshShell.Run """D:\Program files\12noon Display Changer\dccmd"" -refresh=" & newRefreshRate, 0, true
End If

If originalPlaybackSpeed="24000" Then
    newRefreshRate = "24"
    WshShell.Run """D:\Program files\12noon Display Changer\dccmd"" -refresh=" & newRefreshRate, 0, true
End If

If originalPlaybackSpeed="25000" Then
    newRefreshRate = "50"
End If

WScript.Quit 1

End If

' We quit the player, restore our favorite refresh rate and/or resolution
If eventName = "QUIT" Then

newRefreshRate = "60"

WScript.Quit 1

End If

WScript.Quit 1

Here is my log file.

Any thoughts? Tips? Help? PleaseBig Grin
Great guide Ive got it working almost perfectly. Apart from with Avatar does not want to play this, all the menus and previews are fine but when I try to play the actual movies its horribley jerky.

Edit: found fix for avatar issuer here: http://www.arcsoft.com/forum/forum_posts...&KW=avatar Havent tested it yet.

Just wondering which refresh rates do I have to add to my graphics card?

Cheers.
i am new here, i have installed xbmc as my front end for my HTPC. i have been following all the information i can find on how to get XBMC to load and external player for both DVD and bluray. i use TMT3 i can manually select TMT3 to load alone and play any disc i choose. but to get XBMC to play them i havent been able to make this work. i have built the playercorefactory.xml and placed it into the userdata and system folder. according to many posts i have read in the systems folder i should already have a playercorefactory xml, there has never been one there and updating xbmc doesnt change that. so i placed my copy there as well. when i load up xbmc it seems to find and try to load the player but then it is looking for masterprofile\advancedsettings.xml and when it cant find that it reverts back to the default players. i updated xbmc to 28275 today after reading a may need a newer version and i get the same response. where would i find the advanced settings xml? or should i build one and place it into a folder? i have even wondered since i didnot have both of the xml in place to begin with maybe i should uninstall xbmc and re install a complete newer version than i orginally had and maybe then i would have the correct files? i prefer tmt3 over the defaults as i personally think it plays better for one, and its ability to play my bluray. i also prefer the ui of xbmc over any other front end i have been able to try. however both meedio and mediaportal both allow in configuration to setup an external player and tmt3 works well thru them. my preference is still to use xbmc for its UI and the ability and ease of choosing and playing a dvd by title and click play verses having to dig into and select vob's for fear my kids and wife would mess up digging to far into folders. any help would be appreciated thanks
Thanks!
I'm having no luck with this, and I'll bet I'm doing something wrong but i cant put my finger on it.

I'm running:
Windows 7
PowerDVD8 (which plays all my Blu-Ray DVD's fine outside of XBMC.)
latest XBMC build (downloaded and installed about 1hr ago).
all freshly installed

I follow all the steps in creating the playercorefactory.xml that were posted at the start of this thread, I'm using PowerDVD8 so i change the path to match that. When i "Play DVD" it just appears that it is playing an audio file, but with no audio or video, exactly the same if i tried to play it before doing any of this, which makes me think that i'm missing something. Ive read through this entire thread trying anything that someone else has tried but no luck.

any help would be amazing.

Cheers
hi,

im an XBMC newbie, downloaded and installed the current version off the download page.

im trying to reference 2 external players (one for blu-ray and one for MKV) and i cant seem to get them working at all, XBMC seems to want to play the videos itself..

this is my "playercorefactory.xml" file, can someone just check it is correct?

Code:
<playercorefactory>
  <players>
    <args>"D:"</args>
    </player>
<player name="MPC-HC" type="externalplayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files\MPC HomeCinema\mpc-hc.exe</filename>
<args>/fullscreen /close "{1}"</args>
</player>
  </players>
  <rules action="prepend">
    <rule filetypes="mkv" player="MPC-HC"/>
  </rules>
</playercorefactory>

cheers
Hi

I have this setup and so far when I play the disc it switches to Totalmedia theater 3 and 24fps but doesn't play automatically. But the big problem is the sound. It's just a loud hissing noise.

I'm hooked up from the HTPC via a Sony soundbar to a Samsung LCD. The sound bar is capable of LPCM 2.0, 5.1, 7.1, DTS, DD. The manual says it can not handle sampling rates above 48khz.

Could reclock be causing the problem by using a too high rate? How would I change that?

XBMC sound works fine. Totalmedia theatre is set to default sound device and to use primary audio.

Any help appreciated. Thank you.
neil_g Wrote:hi,

im an XBMC newbie, downloaded and installed the current version off the download page.

im trying to reference 2 external players (one for blu-ray and one for MKV) and i cant seem to get them working at all, XBMC seems to want to play the videos itself..

this is my "playercorefactory.xml" file, can someone just check it is correct?

Code:
<playercorefactory>
  <players>
    <args>"D:"</args>
    </player>
<player name="MPC-HC" type="externalplayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files\MPC HomeCinema\mpc-hc.exe</filename>
<args>/fullscreen /close "{1}"</args>
</player>
  </players>
  <rules action="prepend">
    <rule filetypes="mkv" player="MPC-HC"/>
  </rules>
</playercorefactory>

cheers

Same here...
Has anybody got this to work with Dharma Beta4?
Is there any way to set a rule like this for HDDVD?
I've tried a few canditates for protocols="" but no luck.
HTPC: ZBOX-ID41 running OpenElec with Logitech Harmony remote.
NAS: Lian Li Cube, MSI P55-CD53, Intel I7-880, 16GB RAM, 23x 2TB WD drives @ RAID6, 500GB Samsung, Ubuntu Linux.
TV: Samsung UE75ES9005
Does this worrk for blu-rays ripped to folders? Everyone talks about "disk" but I have a Windows Home Server / HTPC with Windows 7 with AnyDVD HD, the first thing I do with blu-ray is rip to server.

I also have HD-DVDs ripped that way.

Currently I'm using mymovies through Windows Media Center but greatly prefer the XBMC interface. I just need to get Blu-Ray and HD-DVD support!
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO play Blu-ray Disc with External Player and auto adjust refresh rate1