n00b remote issues
@sddt: your remote may be sending an IR code instead of a keystroke. Grab mceremote.zip from http://sourceforge.net/projects/xbmcmce/files/ and have a look at the instructions on reconfiguring the remote. If you're remote is fully MS compatible this may work. I would make sure you have a system state backup first as a few people have encountered problems reconfiguring remotes that are almost but not fully MS compatible.

JR
Works beautifully, thanks a bunch! Any chance at making the green button open XBMC? As of now it turns on my XBOX (used the xbmc reg file...).
sddt Wrote:Any chance at making the green button open XBMC? As of now it turns on my XBOX (used the xbmc reg file...).

As I recall, the remote-xbmc.reg file configures the green button to send ctrl-shift-X. Just edit the properties for the XBMC Start menu icon and set the shortcut key to ctrl-shift-X, and the green button will then start XBMC.

JR
Excellent! Thank you so much!
Hello

I managed to use and configure my remote with your custom build.

(many thanks !!)

But I need to run it under linux.

You said some posts before I just need to compile from the SVN trunk. And then I will be able to use my xml file made with your custom build under windows, put it at the right place in linux, and it will works ?
(Does it mean your changes to the code have been accepted by the developpers team ?)

thanks by advance !
oilslick Wrote:Does it mean your changes to the code have been accepted by the developpers team ?)

Not exactly, they accepted *me* onto the developers team and my code came with me :-)

If you use XBMC Live just grab the latest version from mirrors.xbm.org. Alternatively if you check out and build the latest version from SVN you'll find that the keyboard.xml already has mappings for the standard MCE shortcuts so your remote will just work. You only need to customise keyboard.xml if you want to support any extra buttons your remote has.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:Not exactly, they accepted *me* onto the developers team and my code came with me :-)

If you use XBMC Live just grab the latest version from mirrors.xbm.org. Alternatively if you check out and build the latest version from SVN you'll find that the keyboard.xml already has mappings for the standard MCE shortcuts so your remote will just work. You only need to customise keyboard.xml if you want to support any extra buttons your remote has.

JR

Hello JR,

maybe you could help me too...
Which of this versions should I install to get my hama mce remote control to work with XBMC?
Unfortunately your page is offline.
Could you please tell me from where I can download the builds you made?
perro6969 Wrote:Hello JR,

maybe you could help me too...
Which of this versions should I install to get my hama mce remote control to work with XBMC?
Unfortunately your page is offline.
Could you please tell me from where I can download the builds you made?

I've tried xbmc-r28256-trunk.exe 01-Mar-2010 09:47 and it worked fine. It also supports DXVA on Win7. Is your Hama remote the rebadged VRC-1100 (http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Remote_Contr...VRC-1100)? If so it will work with this build though the Info button won't work as it sends a right mouse click not a keystroke.

My site is now http://xbmcmce.sourceforge.net/

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:I've tried xbmc-r28256-trunk.exe 01-Mar-2010 09:47 and it worked fine. It also supports DXVA on Win7. Is your Hama remote the rebadged VRC-1100 (http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Remote_Contr...VRC-1100)? If so it will work with this build though the Info button won't work as it sends a right mouse click not a keystroke.

My site is now http://xbmcmce.sourceforge.net/

JR

Hi JR,
Yes, my remote looks exactly the same as the vcr-1100, but it's a hama.
I'll install the version you mentioned when I'm home. Thanks for your help!
I have Win XP...Would also the custom build of XBMC v9.11 Camelot from your site work without problems? Would you prefer xbmc-r28256-trunk.exe or camelot.zip?
Thanks a lot again for everything!
perro6969 Wrote:I have Win XP...Would also the custom build of XBMC v9.11 Camelot from your site work without problems? Would you prefer xbmc-r28256-trunk.exe or camelot.zip?
Thanks a lot again for everything!

Using the build from my web site is a safe option because it's the release 9.11 with some very minor tweaks and it's known to be a good reliable product. Having said that the 28256 build works fine, with most problems related to the DXVA, and this won't work on XP anyway (it requires Win7). Personnally I use my build :-)

NB download and install the release 9.11 from xbmc.org and test it all works as expected. Then just copy in my modified XBMC.exe and put the modified keyboard.xml in your userdata/keymaps folder. The remote should immediately work.

JR
Hi JR,

yesterday I didn't find the time to try it. I hope I can do it today.
Thanks a lot for all your help. I'm sure it will work!
I'll post my results later.

If there's any way I can pay you back for the favor, just tell me!
just to jump on the bandwagon, i've got the same remote, vrc 1100, its working fine out the box for me, but i would love to be able for it to have the keyboards key 'i' and 'c' to work on the remote, then i can get rid of the keyboard!, Any suggestions?, i'm not exaxtly 100% confident at some things like this eventghost etc!!
Thanks guys
falafael Wrote:just to jump on the bandwagon, i've got the same remote, vrc 1100, its working fine out the box for me, but i would love to be able for it to have the keyboards key 'i' and 'c' to work on the remote, then i can get rid of the keyboard!, Any suggestions?, i'm not exaxtly 100% confident at some things like this eventghost etc!!
Thanks guys

The i button sends a right mouse click and I'm afraid there isn't any way to get this to do anything useful in XBMC, or at least not without using third party software like Eventghost.

Which is the C button? I have a VRC-1100 that I use for testing, and I can't see any C button on it. Also, what do you want the C button to do?

[Later] on rereading your message I realised you might have meant you want a button on the remote to send the C and i keypresses. You can easily configure a couple of the four coloured buttons to do this. If this is what you want, let me know and I'll post the details here.

JR
hi jhs, yes mate, the keypresses c and i is what i would love to have working on my remote, so if you could provide details, that would be brilliant of you!
Thank you for your time!
Smile
falafael Wrote:hi jhs, yes mate, the keypresses c and i is what i would love to have working on my remote, so if you could provide details, that would be brilliant of you!
Thank you for your time!
Smile

The coloured buttons send the following keystrokes:

yellow - control-shift-T
blue - control-M
green - control-I
red - control-E

and the kestrokes C and I have these actions:

c - ContextMenu
i - Info

So lets say you want to have the yellow button do the "C" action and the red button do the "I" action (choose whatever colours you want). You need to use the following key mapping:

Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
      <t mod="ctrl,shift">ContextMenu</t> <!-- Yellow button -->
      <e mod="ctrl">Info</e>              <!-- Red button -->
    </keyboard>
  </global>
</keymap>

You need to find your userdata folder. Search your C: drive for a file called xbmc.log and the userdata folder will be in the same place as the xbmc.log file. Open the userdata folder and there should be a subfolder called "keymaps". Open this. Now run Notepad, copy the code above and paste it into Notepad and save it to the userdata\keymaps folder with the filename keyboard.xml.

That's it. Run XBMC and you should now find the yellow button opens the context menu and the red button displays the Info.

If it doesn't work, turn on debug logging, start XBMC and press the yellow and red buttons a few times. Pop the resulting xbmc.log on pastebin, post the link here and I'll have a look at it. I've just tested the above keymap on my test PC with a VRC-1100 so I know it works.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
n00b remote issues0