Season thumb without show refresh possible?
When the first ep of a new season is released my recording is added to XBMC.

It is rare that this has a season banner on tvdb yet, so XBMC has no season banner.

Currently the only way I know to get this season banner when it is released is to refresh the complete multi season show.

This is problematic though as it is alot of scraping and it completely saturates the "New TV" view with stuff that is newly refreshed but not actually new.

Are there any options to refresh the season banner direct. Note I do not want to use any nfo helpers or local fanart etc

Cheers
Having problems getting your TV shows recognized?

Try my extra TV show matching REGEX here
Unless anyone has any objections/comments I am going to raise this as a bug since it forces rescrapes when none should be necessary

+1
I would think that this would be rather complicated as XBMC probably stores the season thumb url in the db upon scan/refresh. So if none exist at the time of scan how is XBMC supposed to learn of it's existance later?
But are you sure you cannot refresh the show only (ie not the eps) to pick up the season thumbs?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Now that is obvious and not something I have checked.... it never even occurred to me to try.

slap head moment, will post back in a few minutes

OK good news is this does indeed bring down the new season thumbs.

Bad news is that it rewrites all the manually chosen fanart and all season images with the current highest voted ones.

So it is a fix if not an ideal one

The real solution is not storing URLs in the database. Instead, we store a URL (or ID) to where to get the images from.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Season thumb without show refresh possible?0