[LIVE] Help Installing to HD
I've just got myself an Aspire Revo 3600 and I've been trying out different XBMC options (Windows, Ubuntu etc.) but I've found that XBMC Live has given me the best performance with regards to HD playback (still not smooth though with VDPAU - perhaps I can tweak at some point). Anyway, the problem is with installing XBMC live to disk. I have a 500gb Samsung drive in the Revo which I plan to keep some of my media on as well as the XBMC installation. I can launch the installation procedure, but as soon as the step for installing the system is reached I get an "Installation step failed message" which I can't seem to get past. I've tried various partitioning options, but can't seem to get it to actually go past the step where XBMC is installed, does anyone have any ideas?

(I'm using the latest version of XBMC 9.11)

Thanks for the help!
Issue acknowledged, a repack is on its way.
l.capriotti Wrote:Issue acknowledged, a repack is on its way.

great.. think we have a similar issue on the asrock ion aswell so hopefully 2 bords with one stone! Smile
I'm having the same issue. Let us know when the repack is ready! Thanks!
C-Quel Wrote:great.. think we have a similar issue on the asrock ion aswell so hopefully 2 bords with one stone! Smile

I assume it's not limited to those two (very similar?) ion platforms - Camelot Live doesn't install for me on an AMD 785G chipset based desktop board + nv gt220 - fails at 'installing the system' just after disk partitioning (same symptoms as other's reported).

RC1 Live cd installed fine.

I wiped my RC1 install a few minutes before the 'home page status' was updated - I should have checked the forums first Smile
Me too. Was too excited... At least a fix is on the way.
I get the same error on my ASrock Sad
Phew, in a way I'm glad to hear this Shocked Just splashed out on a new SSD drive to speed up my little ASRock. Fitted it tonight to load the new version on and it failed at installing system. Had a horrible feeling it was my new drive as every other install has worked perfectly.

I did just load RC1 and that worked fine again. I was just downloading from another mirror site in cast that was the problem but I'll stop that now until the new packaged version is up.
Please watch the frontpage for updates here. As the devs celebrate the holidays as well, we ask for patience with this. We know it's a rather big issue, it'll be worked out as soon as we can.

TheUni

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] Help Installing to HD0