advancedsettings.xml and TV scrapping
This has been giving me trouble for a long time and I finally have decided to ask for help.

I have edited /users/xbmc/.xbmc/advancedsettings.xml to have the following:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<loglevel>1</loglevel>
    <tvshowmatching action="append">
        <regexp>Season[\._ ]([0-9]+)[\\/]([0-9]+)[^\\/]*</regexp>
        <regexp>([0-9]+)([0-9][0-9])</regexp>
    </tvshowmatching>
</advancedsettings>

but as far as I can tell the settings are not taking effect. I have no log files in /var/tmp and I cannot get my TV shows to scrape.

My TV shows are stored as follows:

/Show Name/Season 01/01 - Pilot.avi

What am I doing wrong?
I think its your naming convention on the files themselves thats causing the problem.

Check here:

http://www.xbmc.org/wiki/?title=TV_Shows...Library%29

You need to use one of following naming conventions on the files (the names of the folders / sub-folders do not matter):

Quote: foo.s01e01.*
foo.s01.e01.*
foo.s01_e01.*
foo_[s01]_[e01]_*
foo.1x01.*
foo.101.*

I have one folder for each series (e.g "Fringe"). Inside that folder I have seperate folders called "series 1", "series 2" etc, then inside that I have the files from each series, names "fringe.s01.e01.mkv" etc etc....
chrisinthesun Wrote:I think its your naming convention on the files themselves thats causing the problem.

Check here:

http://www.xbmc.org/wiki/?title=TV_Shows...Library%29

You need to use one of following naming conventions on the files (the names of the folders / sub-folders do not matter):

I have one folder for each series (e.g "Fringe"). Inside that folder I have seperate folders called "series 1", "series 2" etc, then inside that I have the files from each series, names "fringe.s01.e01.mkv" etc etc....

From searching around there seem to be plenty of people using my format

In fact the link you posted gives this example:

Quote: Custom Directory Structure & File Names

You can make your own naming conventions / rules by adding or editing regular expressions in the advancedsettings.xml file, with the tvshowmatching tag. When enumerating episodes for a series, XBMC only cares about the season and episode, so when designing regexps you should only be concerned with these things.

Here are several common naming schemes and corresponding regexps and examples.

\Season #\## (Season# is at very end of directory name, and filename starts with episode name, neither have to be a specific number of digits) :

<tvshowmatching>
</tvshowmatching>

Example : \Battlestar Galactica\Season 3\01 - Occupation.avi (Season 3, Episode 1)
hmmm strange in that case - not sure.
OK some progress, here is hat my log file says:

Code:
15:03:51 T:3059308320 M:1970876416  NOTICE: Contents of special://profile/advancedsettings.xml are...
                                            <advancedsettings>
                                              <loglevel>1</loglevel>
                                              <tvshowmatching>
                                              </tvshowmatching>
                                            </advancedsettings>
Alright I got it fixed. I had some old .nfo files laying around that messed it up

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
advancedsettings.xml and TV scrapping0