Wake up from suspend
dgege Wrote:Hey guys, what kind of IR did u buy and where from? I need to get me another one, the one I have just refuses to wake the computer Sad

MCE Remote RCA6 / USB IR + Asrock 330 Smile
Hey ,I followed the modified wiki, done it and it works LaughLaugh. thanks so much for your patience with me.

typing sudo su root fixed the permission denied problem then I did

echo USB0 > /proc/acpi/wakeup

then echo USB1 > /proc/acpi/wakeup

and hey presto, again, thankyou

Do I still need to do the last bit? Committing to rc.local

PS I have the MCE RA6 remote and USB reciever
Any idea where I can get the MCE Remote RCA6 for cheap? I'm in Canada Smile
Here is the one I have

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BNIB-Media-Centre-...1c0f02d025

I paid about that price for it here in the UK a few years ago, but again, I'm stoopid.
ferry Wrote:Here is the one I have

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BNIB-Media-Centre-...1c0f02d025

I paid about that price for it here in the UK a few years ago, but again, I'm stoopid.

Cool, thanks. Does it show up as a HID or is it a true IR remote?
C-Quel Wrote:nano /etc/rc.local

just above exit 0

add the line you typed and save the changes... whala! suspendo returnio!

How do I save the changes? Edit, ah ok CTRL O to save.

First time tho I got permission denied again so I did sudo su root again and it worked
dgege Wrote:Cool, thanks. Does it show up as a HID or is it a true IR remote?

If you tell me how to get that info I'll pass it on
ferry Wrote:If you tell me how to get that info I'll pass it on

Basically, if you plug it without configuring LIRC, can you still use it as a keyboard? If on windows, does windows recognize it as a HID device and it works plug&play? If you're using linux, what driver for lirc are you using?
Sorry don't really know enough about it to give u an answer. I'm using it in the stock Live installation on the hard drive. It also works in Windows plug and play (gets recognised without any intervention on Vista) and the reciever also works with the media center keyboard from MS if that's any help.
ferry Wrote:Sorry don't really know enough about it to give u an answer. I'm using it in the stock Live installation on the hard drive. It also works in Windows plug and play (gets recognised without any intervention on Vista) and the reciever also works with the media center keyboard from MS if that's any help.

Thanks, that looks like it is being detected as a HID, as in it is detected as being a keyb/mouse.
Nice. Just did this to my Dharma Beta 3 live version. Worked like a champ.

Thanks C-Quel for tip about " nano /etc/rc.local " for editing the rc.local.

The wiki showed " sudo gedit /etc/rc.local " for editing the rc.local.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wake up from suspend0