[LIVE] ftp connected, but no transfer to xbmc allowed?
hiSmile

i've been running xbmc uisng the showmix skin, on an asrock 330 using flashfxp's script for around 3-4 months now.

today i did a full clean install of the latest stable xbmc, dircetly to the hardrive.

i've got it all up and running, but i'm having trouble with transfering files over to the asrock.

i'm using winscp and its all working as it should, i'e i can see all the files on the asrock etc, just when i come to try n transfer the showmix skin ive downloaded it throws and error and refuses to copy over??

i can transfer files from the asrock to my pc, but not the other way.

any ideas guys??
Looks like you need to setup permissions for the ftp. I dunno what the full-blown xbmc Linux distro uses though.
Need help programming a Streamzap remote?
Why are you transferring to that directory?

If you are uploading skins, send them in to your /home/user/.xbmc/skin directory.

There is no reason that you need to upload to /usr/share.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
i'm a noob:confused2: and i'd read on another thread that'd come up in google, that that was the path to access the skin folder for xbmc live.

now working using the path you've quotedSmile

many thanks for your time guys.
Ignore me! I can't read and you already have your answer!

ThEgOg Wrote:hiSmile

i've been running xbmc uisng the showmix skin, on an asrock 330 using flashfxp's script for around 3-4 months now.

today i did a full clean install of the latest stable xbmc, dircetly to the hardrive.

i've got it all up and running, but i'm having trouble with transfering files over to the asrock.

i'm using winscp and its all working as it should, i'e i can see all the files on the asrock etc, just when i come to try n transfer the showmix skin ive downloaded it throws and error and refuses to copy over??

i can transfer files from the asrock to my pc, but not the other way.

any ideas guys??
no worriesSmile

i've binned live off now as it seems to b a bit restrictive, i'm now going down the full ubuntu desktop route (trying to learn a bit along the wayBig Grin).

then i'll stick xbmc for linux on there tomorrow...hopefully!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] ftp connected, but no transfer to xbmc allowed?0