Noob question: is there *any* release of Aeon that's actually, you know, stable?
I like the look of the Aeon over Confluence, but seems like every time I touch any little thing in Aeon it blows up to command prompt. Crash logs don't have anything immediately damning. Sometimes Aeon will just crash because I switched views.

I've trie showmix, auriga, hitched and phil65 from the stickied download script. They all crash if I just breath on them. Confluence on the other hand, 100% rock solid (too bad it's not the sexiest beast).

Is that just to be expected, or am I missing a milestone release that doesn't have all the bells and whistles but is known solid?
http://www.aeonproject.com/index.html

No crashes for me with the 0.91 release..
Heh. You could always try Alaska. It's the theoretical successor to the Aeon brand.
Alaska is great, my default skin, but if you are after all the different views that Aeon offers, then it might not be for you. Alaska is very 'clean' compared to Aeon.

Try out Back-Row theme, has great views for almost anything. A bit cluttered for me, but if you like Aeon you might actually like Back-Row as well ;-)

Had the same problem with Aeon, crashed all the time... Tried it out and gave up quickly..
ynwa
natethomas Wrote:Heh. You could always try Alaska. It's the theoretical successor to the Aeon brand.

The heck you say!

No Wink

I'm a 100% Aeon supporter, and there's nothing that comes close to it when it comes to what *I* want from my skin. I personally love the customizable backdrops and the menu system. I've downloaded about 100 backdrops of each type (movies, tv shows and music) and the fact that they can be integrated cleanly into most screens is what I like. (I hope to take some screenshots of all of my config, to back up my words, but of course, everybody has their own opinion.

I personally use Aeon65, and it really only gives me problems if I'm doing too much at once, i.e. updating all of my libraries and trying to watch a movie, or change a menu item. Once I had everything configured, I haven't had a crash. (And my system is nothing to write home about - P4 w/1GB RAM.)

Well, that's my two cents anyway.
DurhamDev Wrote:The heck you say!

No Wink

I'm a 100% Aeon supporter, and there's nothing that comes close to it when it comes to what *I* want from my skin. I personally love the customizable backdrops and the menu system. I've downloaded about 100 backdrops of each type (movies, tv shows and music) and the fact that they can be integrated cleanly into most screens is what I like. (I hope to take some screenshots of all of my config, to back up my words, but of course, everybody has their own opinion.

I personally use Aeon65, and it really only gives me problems if I'm doing too much at once, i.e. updating all of my libraries and trying to watch a movie, or change a menu item. Once I had everything configured, I haven't had a crash. (And my system is nothing to write home about - P4 w/1GB RAM.)

Well, that's my two cents anyway.

i couldn't agree with you more

i'm a 100% aeon fan .. no other skin comes close at this point imho (would love to have alaska's core running with aeon's looks .. that would definately make me switch)

no really sure where people are getting crashes .. i've been running aeon since spring and never looked back

personally i run aeon auriga (djh's last updated one from back in the day)
updated with ccMatrix's native flag support and also some personal tweaks (like start/end time in video progress bar, etc)

i've also setup xbmc with this same skin on a bunch of peoples setups since this summer and nobody has had any issues as far as i know (and trust me i would have been told to fix it if there were problems .. heheh)
I'm wondering if it's because I'm using a Rev 1600 with only 1gb or ram?

Typically my crashes come if I'm switching views or if I've been playing a movie for awhile and then decide to stop.

Of all the skins, I like Aeon the best ... if only it were more stable for me. And if it'd just have banner tv show support. I'm guessing there's a mod somewhere for that but one thing at a time. Guess I'll have to dig through my crash logs. (sigh).
tried loads of skins but i love aeon stark too much to want to change
i love xbmc
Showmix 2.5 simple is simple as!!!!!!
I've got the same problem as "headcase". Can't find a STABLE Aeon Mod.

I've used XBMC 9.04 (Windows) with Aeon Auriga Lite Rev.6 over months and months without a single crash. But after changing to XBMC 9.11 with Aeon Hitched it crashes every few minutes.

Any suggestions how to fix?
z][ggy;471225 Wrote:Showmix 2.5 simple is simple as!!!!!!

Totally agree - I get a very rare crash in the settings menus, but otherwise ShowMix 2.5 Public Beta has been rock solid for me since the Camelot Beta1 release and I'm currently running it with the 9.11 full release.
I have run every version of Aeon and the only time i have had crashes is when
switch skins and don't restart XBMC after the switch. I noticed glitches every
time so i got the habit of just switching skins then restarting XBMC.

I think RAM play a big part in using such a heavy skin. If you use Windows XP
with 1 GB of ram, i suspect that may be your problem right there.

My Specs :

XBMC 1
======

Asus P5N7A-VM Motherboard (GeForce 9300)
4GB DDR2 RAM
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0GHz 6MB Cache
Windows XP SP3 32-bit

XBMC 2
======

Asus P5N-EM HDMI Motherboard (GeForce 7100)
4GB DDR2 RAM
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0GHz 6MB Cache
Windows XP SP3 32-bit

XBMC 3
======

Zotac GF9300-A-E Motherboard (GeForce 9300)
4GB DDR2 RAM
Intel Pentium Dual Core E5300 2.6GHz 2MB Cache
Windows XP SP3 32-bit

XBMC 4
======

Zotac GF9300-D-E Motherboard (GeForce 9300)
4GB DDR2 RAM
Intel Pentium Dual Core E5200 2.5GHz 2MB Cache
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit

Before anyone points it out like i don't know, I am aware that i am not getting
the full 4GB on Windows XP 32-bit.

-Pr.

P.S. I am using Camelot Final as my build right now. Very stable and much better playback
than 22516 or 22528 that i was using before.
[4 Kodi Clients + 4 Norco RPC-4224 Media Servers w/376 TB HDD Space]
Quote:I have run every version of Aeon and the only time i have had crashes is when
switch skins and don't restart XBMC after the switch. I noticed glitches every
time so i got the habit of just switching skins then restarting XBMC.

Same here, crashes seem to come after switching from a skin...Each computer has 2GB DDR2
mcborzu Wrote:Same here, crashes seem to come after switching from a skin...Each computer has 2GB DDR2

test this plz and give feedback
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
When I first starting using XBMC I used Aeon.... but it seems that I am in the same boat as well. It is really hard trying other skins when you used Aeon first.

@phil65 Used your mod since hitcher left. But since Camelot it's a no go with your mod or any of the aeon mods... Going to try the SVN you linked.....

@PR sinister my machine is a heavy weight.. C2D E8500 - 8GB ram - Asus 9600 GT Silent - HT Omega Claro II - DFI lan party M/B - Windows7 - BD-r - 1Tb (2x500gb)WD Greens. ..... Crash crash crash with Aeon since Camelot. Every other skin is stable and fast.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Noob question: is there *any* release of Aeon that's actually, you know, stable?0