Help with files required
Hopefully a easy question - what files are required by XBMC/MS?

I have -

For example, for the movie Alien I have within its own folder -

Alien.mkv
fanart.jpg
movie.nfo
folder.jpg
movie.tbn

Is this correct, or do I need more (or less) files for it to work properly? In the above case, movie.tbn and folder.jpg are the same, can I remove one of them?
Looks good to me. No need for folder.jpg, just remove it.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Hi, thanks for your reply. I deleted the contents of thumbnails dir, then removed and rescraped all my films using all the above except the folder.jpg file, and found that in the the movie thumbnails were not being populated within the 'watch my videos' area. I copied a folder.jpg file to one of the movie folders as a test, and it did then appear. I guess Ill rescrape and leave folder.jpg there.
What do you mean with "watch my videos area"? Library or File view?
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
From the main page > Watch Your Videos, the view I have selected there is Info List, I imagine thats a file rather than library view.

I often use this area as I have over 400+ films now and it can be difficult scrolling through them all (in Watch Your Movies view) to find the film I want. Here, I can break things down into High Definition, DVD and so on which reduces the time it takes to locate a film.

Nevertheless its all working fine now Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with files required0