Aeon slow on My Mac Mini
Hi,

Having played around for a few weeks now with XBMC on my Mac Mini (plugged via HDMI into my Pioneer 428XD) I am still struggling to get a decent framerate whilst navigating the menu's.

Playback seems fine, but in wall view my framerate drops to below 15-20 and it ruins the whole experience.

Its running on a 1.83 Ghz Core Duo Mac Mini, 2 GB ram with in older intel GFX chipset. Is this just something I have to live with, or are there other folks out there with similar spec's that don't have issue.

http://pastebin.com/ma0a9255

Has the last log file from my install.

Any advice to smoothen this out will be much appreciated!
In a nutshell, yes.

I'm running an early 2009 Mac Mini with the more powerful Nvidia GeForce 9400M graphics hardware and navigation is certainly less smooth in wall view too. Granted, its not as bad as 15-20 fps, but its definitely noticable (it's also got a 2.26 Core2Duo CPU and 4GB DDR3 RAM, so I don't believe the issue lies there). I suspect the earlier Intel GMA graphics hardware which you have would be fairly clunky using Aeon - which, in all fairness, is pretty graphically intensive compared to other skins (and especially in wall view!).

As you say, media playback (even HD content) is fine and all other views, except wall, are fine as well. In contrast, I've also got a Macbook Pro (with similar CPU but with 2GB DDR2 RAM) running the faster Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT graphics hardware and that's as smooth as silk in all views, including wall view. So I've come to the same conclusion as you that the graphics hardware in the Mac Minis (which is not the greatest compared to 3rd party cards you can get for PC's) is not quite up to certain views in Aeon.

I guess saying, stay away from wall view and use list or multiplex isn't helping very much! Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon slow on My Mac Mini0