NFO file vs. internal DB info flag?
Question 
Is there some sort of internal flag in the XBMC database that tells it whether a series' information is being retrieved from NFO files or from the internal database?

For example, I have Star Trek: The Next Generation on our system, with NFO files for the videos. I recently found that the NFO files were wrong, using the DVD order instead of the TV order for the episode details. So I went into the directories and deleted the NFO files, then removed the show from the library, did a "clean library", changed the settings to use TV order, and finally ran an "update library". After doing this, though, none of the episodes would appear. Restarting XBMC did not help either. The only way to get the episodes back was to bring up the "Info" for the series, and choosing "Refresh data for all episodes".

This seems a bit counter-intuitive to me. I mean, I have no trouble doing it now that I know what needs to be done, but shouldn't XBMC be able to determine that videos that used NFO files no longer had NFO files present, and thus assume it has to re-scrape info for that video?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NFO file vs. internal DB info flag?0