Strange behavior with french scrapers
Hello
I'm a newbie in XBMC, and have a strange issue with the movies scrapers for my french movies.
I tried to use Allocine, Cine-passion and also tried to modify the script for Imdb ( changing language from "en" to "fr"
My movies are stored on a LAN drive (using UpNP to connect to the AppleTv), and are stored in folders ( Action, Horror etc...)
The movies labels are like "NameOfTheMovie(Release Year).codec"
When I launch a scan with any of the scrapers I get only wrong info, with only movie names containing numbers, i.e " 1984". And no one is related to the original name of the movies in my folder.
I tried to use ExtemeMovieManager (which is a windows only software) with paralles desktop, and had very good results with Imdb (fr).
Then I tried to export my results as an xml file (you can get it here), and tried to import this file as a library in XBMC, but this doesn't work even if the import seems to work, the resulting infos are not showed in my library.
I probably made something wrong, but I'll greatly appreciate some help
thanks in advance.

Here is the log in debug mode, trying to scan a folder with three different databases, and making an import of an Xml database from ExtremeMovieManager

Second update.

I wonder why te search shows my movies as numbers.avi( or mpg etc...)

as the folder of hard disk shows this

It seems it's a XBMC specific problem not a scraper's one.

For information the allociné scraper is broken. At this time only Ciné-Passion is working.

You can see at : http://passion-xbmc.org software that are compatible with XBMC and Ciné-Passion if you don't find solution to this problem.
charles6655 Wrote:I tried to use Allocine, Cine-passion and also tried to modify the script for Imdb ( changing language from "en" to "fr"
My movies are stored on a LAN drive (using UpNP to connect to the AppleTv), and are stored in folders ( Action, Horror etc...)
The movies labels are like "NameOfTheMovie(Release Year).codec"
When I launch a scan with any of the scrapers I get only wrong info, with only movie names containing numbers, i.e " 1984". And no one is related to the original name of the movies in my folder.

I had the same when using UPNP between XBMC and my Synology NAS.
Connecting using SMB instead of UPNP solved the problem.
Quote:I had the same when using UPNP between XBMC and my Synology NAS.
Connecting using SMB instead of UPNP solved the problem.

Thanks for this, i'll get a try
I don't know why, but it works! awesome !
thanks a lot damiendep :-))

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Strange behavior with french scrapers0