Cannot shutdown from within XBMC
Has anyone actually posted a bug on the trac for this yet?
Yep. I just created one here: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/8406
I have attached my log file and the log file Drumaster12 posted (hope you dont mind) to the trac as I know the xbmc dev's like there log files.
I fixed the Suspend, Shutdown, Reboot commands with this info from this post.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=448...stcount=54

I have not removed firefox so all is good.

If you already have:
policykit-1
devicekit-power

Just force reinstall on them IF after creating that file you still have problems...
essence25 Wrote:I fixed the Suspend, Shutdown, Reboot commands with this info from this post.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=448...stcount=54

I have not removed firefox so all is good.

If you already have:
policykit-1
devicekit-power

Just force reinstall on them IF after creating that file you still have problems...

This worked for me as well by doing the following.

PHP Code:
[Actions for xbmc user]
Identity=unix-user:xbmc
Action
=org.freedesktop.devicekit.power.*;org.freedesktop.consolekit.system.*
ResultActive=yes
ResultAny
=auth_admin
ResultInactive
=yes 
Paste the above text into
sudo nano /var/lib/polkit-1/localauthority/50-local.d/custom-actions.pkla

then I
sudo apt-get remove policykit-1
sudo apt-get remove devicekit-power

Note: May only need to type "sudo apt-get -f install devicekit-power"

then reboot.

The question though is why we have had to do this?
Drumaster12 Wrote:The shutdown functions I see available are: ?0? and ?-1?. I don't know what these mean, but I've tried both of them and I get the same result.

What language is your system running at ? You should have "Quit", "Shutdown", "Suspend"
The normal XBMC log IS NOT a debug log, to enable debug logging you must toggle it on under XBMC Settings - System or in advancedsettings.xml. Use XBMC Debug Log Addon to retrieve it.
Thank you all for your help. That fix worked for me too after removing the device packages.
I am running in English, apparently when the code got jacked up it made the shutdown options display ?0? and ?-1?. now that I applied the fix, everything's back to normal (and plain English)
Now that we have this fixed, perhaps some devs can clarify why this has happened in the first place....

Also under those shutdown options do you see "Suspend" & "Hibernate" correct?
Nothing else right?
essence25 Wrote:Now that we have this fixed, perhaps some devs can clarify why this has happened in the first place....

Also under those shutdown options do you see "Suspend" & "Hibernate" correct?
Nothing else right?

No you should also see shutdown and restart. I had the same and found that in the original post there was an erroneous space in /var/lib/polkit-1/localauthority/50-local.d/custom-actions.pkla
e.g. (second freedesktop)
PHP Code:
Action=org.freedesktop.devicekit.power.*;org.freed esktop.consolekit.system.* 
should be
PHP Code:
Action=org.freedesktop.devicekit.power.*;org.freedesktop.consolekit.system.* 
Yes, I was aware of that space and corrected it. But thats not the options I'm refering to. These are the two options under setup "power action" etc...
I think these are the only options there...
Yea, I understood that.
As I stated, in that option you should see shutdown, restart, suspend and hibernate.
As a side not for those folks that want a browser.

I grabbed Chromium from the nightly dev PPA. It grabs minimal depends and works great. Very fast.

I wonder if it (or another browser) could be used as a built-in browser for XBMC? Something that comes up on the home menu with Video/Music/Settings/whatnot...
HELP!!! I've run:

sudo apt-get remove policykit-1
sudo apt-get remove devicekit-power

Now my XBMC LIVE won't boot! it dumps me at the login prompt! Damn this FireFOX!!!
On a minimal Ubuntu 10.10 (Maverick) install (from the XBMCbuntu guide) the solution was to install the upower package. That package has replaced devicekit-power on newer Ubuntus.

Code:
sudo apt-get install upower

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot shutdown from within XBMC0