[REQ] How To Make Modifications
I love the look and feel of the BackRow skin.

There are a few modifications I would like to make (Shown in the image below):

Please provide details on how I may make these changes.

Many thanx in advance...
Hello there - I've been working my way through and altering some of the early file mode video views and some of what you've asked for has actually now been addressed. As you can see in the updated image below:

But to answer your questions about modifying parts of the skin:

Expanding time and date text area - you would need to edit lines 1045 and 1061 of the includes.xml file in the PAL folder to expand the width to suit.

Changing the font used in the Movie title - again you would need to edit a line this time line 15064 in the CommonViewTypes.xml file in the PAL16x9 folder. You would need to pick a different font from the ones listed in the font.xml file.

Moving the Menu over to the left of the screen - this would require editing line 112 of the MyVideo.xml file in the PAL16x9 folder. Change the x co-ordinate to 0 for example.

Have fun!
Sharpe Wrote:Hello there - I've been working my way through and altering some of the early file mode video views and some of what you've asked for has actually now been addressed. As you can see in the updated image below:

But to answer your questions about modifying parts of the skin:

Expanding time and date text area - you would need to edit lines 1045 and 1061 of the includes.xml file in the PAL folder to expand the width to suit.

Changing the font used in the Movie title - again you would need to edit a line this time line 15064 in the CommonViewTypes.xml file in the PAL16x9 folder. You would need to pick a different font from the ones listed in the font.xml file.

Moving the Menu over to the left of the screen - this would require editing line 112 of the MyVideo.xml file in the PAL16x9 folder. Change the x co-ordinate to 0 for example.

Have fun!

Thanx for the quick response.

I was able to easily make the modifications with your help.

As you can see the menu is still being activated by placing the pointer above the DVD Covers (See Pic Below):

Can you tell me what elements must be edited to adjust the "HotSpot" that activates the menu...?

Many thanx in advance...
The menu is set to appear in that view by either moving up or down using a remote or a keyboard or, when using a mouse, by taking the focus off the view being used. That particular view's focus begins at y coordinate 188 and stretches across the whole screen.

To switch it around to make a"HotSpot" to activate the menu you would need to edit the MyVideo.xml file in the PAL16x9 folder.

Change line 115 from this:

Code:
<visible allowhiddenfocus="true">![Window.Next(Home) | Control.HasFocus(50) | Control.HasFocus(51) | Control.HasFocus(52) | Control.HasFocus(53) | Control.HasFocus(54) | Control.HasFocus(55) | Control.HasFocus(23) | Control.HasFocus(24) | Control.HasFocus(56) | Control.HasFocus(57) | Control.HasFocus(58) | Control.HasFocus(59) | Control.HasFocus(90)]</visible>

to this:

Code:
<visible allowhiddenfocus="true">[Window.Next(Home) | Control.HasFocus(2) | Control.HasFocus(3) | Control.HasFocus(4) | Control.HasFocus(5) | Control.HasFocus(7)]</visible>
Sharpe Wrote:The menu is set to appear in that view by either moving up or down using a remote or a keyboard or, when using a mouse, by taking the focus off the view being used. That particular view's focus begins at y coordinate 188 and stretches across the whole screen.

To switch it around to make a"HotSpot" to activate the menu you would need to edit the MyVideo.xml file in the PAL16x9 folder.

Change line 115 from this:

Code:
<visible allowhiddenfocus="true">![Window.Next(Home) | Control.HasFocus(50) | Control.HasFocus(51) | Control.HasFocus(52) | Control.HasFocus(53) | Control.HasFocus(54) | Control.HasFocus(55) | Control.HasFocus(23) | Control.HasFocus(24) | Control.HasFocus(56) | Control.HasFocus(57) | Control.HasFocus(58) | Control.HasFocus(59) | Control.HasFocus(90)]</visible>

to this:

Code:
<visible allowhiddenfocus="true">[Window.Next(Home) | Control.HasFocus(2) | Control.HasFocus(3) | Control.HasFocus(4) | Control.HasFocus(5) | Control.HasFocus(7)]</visible>

Worked like a charm.

Many thanx again for the help...
No worries - you're welcome
I would also like to change the menu location when in Library Mode:

I looked all over and could not find where the settings for this menu is located.

Please provide details on how I may make these changes.

Many thanx in advance...
Same sort of thing as before...this time you're editing the MyVideoNav.xml located in the PAL16x9 folder.

Edit the x coordinate in line 100 to move the folder over to the side.

Then change line 103 from this:

Code:
<visible allowhiddenfocus="true">![Window.Next(Home) | Control.HasFocus(50) | Control.HasFocus(51) | Control.HasFocus(52) | Control.HasFocus(53) | Control.HasFocus(54) | Control.HasFocus(55) | Control.HasFocus(23) | Control.HasFocus(24) | Control.HasFocus(56) | Control.HasFocus(57) | Control.HasFocus(58) | Control.HasFocus(59) | Control.HasFocus(90) | Control.HasFocus(91) | Control.HasFocus(92) | Control.HasFocus(11)]</visible>

to this:

Code:
<visible allowhiddenfocus="true">[Window.Next(Home) | Control.HasFocus(2) | Control.HasFocus(3) | Control.HasFocus(4) | Control.HasFocus(5) | Control.HasFocus(10) | Control.HasFocus(8) | Control.HasFocus(19)]</visible>
Sharpe Wrote:Same sort of thing as before...this time you're editing the MyVideoNav.xml located in the PAL16x9 folder.

Edit the x coordinate in line 100 to move the folder over to the side.

Then change line 103 from this:

Code:
<visible allowhiddenfocus="true">![Window.Next(Home) | Control.HasFocus(50) | Control.HasFocus(51) | Control.HasFocus(52) | Control.HasFocus(53) | Control.HasFocus(54) | Control.HasFocus(55) | Control.HasFocus(23) | Control.HasFocus(24) | Control.HasFocus(56) | Control.HasFocus(57) | Control.HasFocus(58) | Control.HasFocus(59) | Control.HasFocus(90) | Control.HasFocus(91) | Control.HasFocus(92) | Control.HasFocus(11)]</visible>

to this:

Code:
<visible allowhiddenfocus="true">[Window.Next(Home) | Control.HasFocus(2) | Control.HasFocus(3) | Control.HasFocus(4) | Control.HasFocus(5) | Control.HasFocus(10) | Control.HasFocus(8) | Control.HasFocus(19)]</visible>

Many thanx again for the help...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQ] How To Make Modifications0