'Update library' scans entire disk (including /root, /proc, /var etc..)
Hi, I'm having some problems with the library.

For some reason, when I press the 'Update library' button when I'm in video library mode, I always get three shows before XBMC crashes/hangs.
Those shows are 'pao var lagio', 'Roots (US)' and 'Ricky Sprocket'.

At first I did not understand why XBMC found these shows until I tried to remove them from the library, when XBMC asked if I also wanted to delete the files, I choose yes (first few times I choose no, but the same three shows kept showing up so I tried to delete them) and then I saw a progress bar of XBMC trying to delete all the files in my /var folder lol (thank god XBMC was running as root).

So then I figured that the reason for XBMC finding those shows was that it was scanning my whole disk, and that it found those specific shows was because it was scanning the /var, /root and /proc folders on my disk.

How come XBMC is scanning my whole disc? The only folders I have added are some folders in /home/htpc/xbmc/.

I've tried to clean the library several times, manually remove the shows from the database, settings content for the folders I have added.

Here is the logfile after I did a 'clean library':

http://pastebin.com/f4167eff7

I have terminated the XBMC process because it would not respond on the 'stop scanning' button, and would go on for ages if I didn't terminate it.

Any idea how I can exclude / from my library?

I'm running Ubuntu 9.10 32bit with the latest XMBC (9.11)
Quote:21:50:07 T:2946812784 M:2509377536 DEBUG: Hash[tvshows,/],DB=[],Computed=[36996B23986393FA84F944EC7E6C0739]

Seems that's what you set it up to do.
althekiller Wrote:Seems that's what you set it up to do.

Yes I noticed that, but I can't find where I've set it up to do that. I checked all my folders but none of them point to /.

Also when I open sources.xml in userdata folder I see this:

http://pastebin.com/f56ad5cad

The / seems nowhere to be found.
Likely something stale in your db. Try opening it in a db editor and see if something looks wrong.
Ah, you are right, something was indeed wrong.

I made a dump with sqlite and found this line:

Code:
INSERT INTO "path" VALUES(1,'/','tvshows','tvrage.xml','',0,0,'',0);

I've now removed this record (and references to it) and everything is working fine now, thanks a lot for the help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
'Update library' scans entire disk (including /root, /proc, /var etc..)0