Will we now see XBMC Media Center for Xbox 360?
Hey

As you recently may or may not know, the Xbox 360 can now run homebrew. It has been a long time coming and took a while but it finally works. The first program (AFAIK) is a SNES emulator but we will see much more in the future.

Now the main question: Will we see XBMC Media Center for Xbox 360?
not by us. people are free to use the source as they see fit as long as the license is honored.
spiff Wrote:not by us. people are free to use the source as they see fit as long as the license is honored.
Well thats good and all, but the reason to "not by us" is............?
If you search the forum you will see this has been asked for many many times.
None of the devs are interested in doing it for xbox360 and for once i agree with them
The 360 is only good as a games machine not multimedia, Just my humble oppinion
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
yeah, been asked many times. Why do a huge job support a game consol which changes
every second/third year totally. waste of time now that we got other hardware.
PointOfView Nvidia ION Atom 330 - TRANSCEND 2GB DDR2 DIMM 800MHz - G.SKILL 64GB SSD 2.5
Open Elec Beta4 1.95.4
XBMC Online Manual - HOW-TO post about a problem in a useful manner - Create/View Bug Report
Setup/Fix correct resolution on XBMC/Ubuntu - Usefull linux terminal commands
We are also not far away from being able to buy silent tiny 1080p hardware that would be cheaper than the cheapest noisy XBOX 360 anyway.

Also keep in mind that it is believed that over 50% of all 360s break. Personally i can believe this as not one single friend of mine is still on their first 360 and some are on their 4th. Id say between 8 of us we have had well over 20 of them replaced.
Having problems getting your TV shows recognized?

Try my extra TV show matching REGEX here
im on my first original xbox ...it works like a champ.

i "did" recently puchase the Modern Warfare Ed simply for HDMI , the game, and possible HB for my original x360...I will not hack the MW anytime soon.
KODI1: Shield 2019 2D and 4K HDR / Zidoo Z9X 3DMVC /ATV4K 2D/ and 4K HDR/ DV AVR1: YAM RXA3080 DISP1: LG OLED77G6P /3D/HDR/DV
KODI2: Shield 2015 2D and 4K HDR / Zidoo X9S 3DMVC /ATV4K 2D and 4K/ HDR/ DV AVR2: Marantz NR1607 DISP2: LG OLED55C6P /3D/HDR/DV
KODI3: Shield 2015 2D and 4K HDR / Zidoo X9S 3DMVC /ATV4K 2D and 4K/ HDR/ DV AVR3: Denon AVR-X3300 DISP3: LG OLED65G6P /3D/HDR/DV
paul Wrote:The 360 is only good as a games machine not multimedia
3.3ghz tri-core cpu, 64 thread 500mhz gpu, 512mb gddr3 @ 700mhz.
hdmi, dvi, vga, component, composite and spdif optical.

this sounds like the ultimate htpc, i would like to see someone build/buy something with those specs for $200.
The-Boxhead Wrote:Why do a huge job support a game consol which changes
every second/third year totally. waste of time now that we got other hardware.
yes i can see where that would be a major downside.

but one of the best counter points is that its standard which is easy for debugging problems and getting xbmc running smoothly on any 360 you put it on, unlike the current windows version which i cant even setup because it freezes right when i boot it (dual 2.8 w/2gb ram).

not to mention your making the console eternal; i wont ever get rid of my original xbox and its still at the core of my entertainment center, i dont know what i would do without it.
xexe Wrote:Also keep in mind that it is believed that over 50% of all 360s break. Personally i can believe this as not one single friend of mine is still on their first 360 and some are on their 4th. Id say between 8 of us we have had well over 20 of them replaced.
im on my 10th and have been since mid 06.
yes M$ has no clue what they are doing cooling system wise but thats not hard to fix.

ya cooling system noise is kind of a problem and there isent a way of getting around that other then turning the tv up or using a 5.1 with a nice sub but if we had a fan controller that wasent brain dead we wouldent have to worry about it being too loud when it dident need to be.
nc88keyz Wrote:I will not hack the MW anytime soon.
because you cant.

another reason for xbmc; more motivation to find a way around the update.
it's easy. you start out with a vacuum cleaner, toss in a jet engine then tape those components you mention on to the sides. add some gloss. you have your 360.
Grim187 Wrote:3.3ghz tri-core cpu, 64 thread 500mhz gpu, 512mb gddr3 @ 700mhz.
hdmi, dvi, vga, component, composite and spdif optical.

this sounds like the ultimate htpc, i would like to see someone build/buy something with those specs for $200.
Yes but it's optimized for games and it sounds like a jet engine my pc is much quiter
and as small which cost less than my 360 elite so no contest really.
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Will we now see XBMC Media Center for Xbox 360?0