• 3(current)
XBMCSync - Sync Watched Flag Across Multiple Boxes
RockDawg: Sorry to hear it marked some things as watched that werent.. Would you mind zipping up your MyVideos34.db and xbmcsync.db and putting them up somewhere I can download them and take a look? Also if you had the names of any of the movies that had not been watched so I can look at them specifically that would help.

Thanks
tim-
I just PM'd you.
tim- Wrote:RockDawg: Sorry to hear it marked some things as watched that werent.. Would you mind zipping up your MyVideos34.db and xbmcsync.db and putting them up somewhere I can download them and take a look? Also if you had the names of any of the movies that had not been watched so I can look at them specifically that would help.

Thanks
tim-

It's no big deal. I have a fairly recent copy of my db that I'll just copy back over and update. Again, I really appreciate you spending all this time helping me like this. Not to mention sharing your work with everyone. Kudos!
Yeah, I want to say thanks also! 0.4.1 is running perfectly for me! Thanks again!
I would love to try this out, exactly what I've been looking for!
Feanorean Wrote:I would love to try this out, exactly what I've been looking for!

I just sent you a PM with details on how to access it.

Thanks
tim-
First impressions are - no problems, instructions were good, I think it's working as intended, no errors Smile
tim- did you find those episodes I mentioned in the db?

I started over again. I deleted the MyVideos34.db on both machines and copied over one I saved a couple days ago. I then deleted xbmcsync.db on HTPC1 (I assume one is not created on HTPC2). I ran:

Code:
sudo python xbmcsync.py newdb

and that returned:

Code:
Friday.Night.Lights.S04E04.HDTV.XviD-RED.avi appears to be new
Heroes.S04E11.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.mkv appears to be new
House.S06E08.720p.HDTV.x264-IMMERSE.mkv appears to be new
Dexter.S04E11.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.mkv appears to be new
friday.night.lights.s04e05.hdtv.xvid.avi appears to be new
Friday.Night.Lights.S04E06.HDTV.XviD-RED.avi appears to be new
Fringe.S02E08.720p.HDTV.x264-SiTV.mkv appears to be new
Fringe.S02E09.720p.HDTV.x264-CTU.mkv appears to be new
Fringe.S02E10.720p.HDTV.x264-CTU.mkv appears to be new
Private.Practice.S03E05.HDTV.XviD-FEVER.[VTV].avi appears to be new
Private.Practice.S03E06.HDTV.XviD-2HD.[VTV].avi appears to be new
Private.Practice.S03E07.HDTV.XviD-2HD.[VTV].avi appears to be new
Private.Practice.S03E08.HDTV.XviD-2HD.[VTV].avi appears to be new
Private.Practice.S03E09.HDTV.XviD-2HD.[VTV].avi appears to be new
Private.Practice.S03E10.HDTV.XviD-2HD.[VTV].avi appears to be new
Friday.Night.Lights.S04E07.HDTV.XviD-RED.avi appears to be new
2793 new files watched
Processing frontend: HTPC2
0 new files watched
Total of 2793 new files watched
Updating frontend: HTPC1
Updating frontend: HTPC2
Marking all files as updated
kevin@XBMCLive:/home$

As before, the result is that now both XBMC boxes show all movies as watched (when it shouldn't), but the TV episodes show fine with the same episodes marked as watched on both boxes. Only the movies have a problem. Some background on my files:

1. I have three network locations for all my videos (//Tower1/movies/, //Tower1/BluRay, //Tower2/TV Shows/). Tower1 and Tower2 are two separate servers. No video files are local to either HTPC.

2. My Blu-Ray movies and TV episodes are all single file video containers (.iso, .avi, .m2ts, .mkv, etc.) while all my DVD movies are standard DVD file structure (VIDEO_TS.ifo, multiple .vobs, etc.).

I can't think of anything else. Is anyone running this on XBMC Live without issues?
Rockdawg: It finally all makes sense to me now. I am not 100% sure how to fix it, but the problem is that all of your DVD files are named VIDEO_TS.IFO. I am matching on filename. Thats why I cant find them in the files db or in the xbmcsync db. I should be able to rework it to go by the name in the library and then match that to the actual file...
tim- Wrote:Rockdawg: It finally all makes sense to me now. I am not 100% sure how to fix it, but the problem is that all of your DVD files are named VIDEO_TS.IFO. I am matching on filename. Thats why I cant find them in the files db or in the xbmcsync db. I should be able to rework it to go by the name in the library and then match that to the actual file...

Glad I could narrow it down for you. That would be awesome if you could get it to work, but I understand if it's too much trouble.
No worries.. it shouldnt be much trouble at all.. I'll work on it this evening.
Rockdawg: Make sure you are working with a backed-up database, but I have a new version up that I think will fix it. I cant do a lot of testing at the moment as my boxes are currently in use =)
Thanks. I'm running it now. I don't care what it does to my db. Just as long as it doesn't delete all my videos. Wink
tim-
Quick senario for you to see how xbmcsync would handle this...

Let's say I have XBMC1, XBMC2 and XBMC3. I upload new content to my NAS, I open XBMC1 and it scrapes the new content. I mark some shows watched and my cron job runs. XBMC2 and XBMC3 don't get opened til a few hours later, they scrape the new shows and then my cron runs again. Will it still get marked watched on XBMC2 and XBMC3??

Hopefully that all makes sense!
Rockdawg: I'll be interested in the outcome, but the more I think about it, the more I think that what I did wont be a good general solution. It assumes that all of the frontends have the same path to each file... Are all of your boxes using XBMC Live? I can make a special argument for path matching or something along those lines for your use case. I am curious how many other folks are using their DVDs in the same way as you.

mtehonica: Yes, for now until all frontends are updated the script will continue to try and push all of the updates. In the future I plan to have it track each frontend and make sure that it got the proper updates, but I am not sure exactly how to do that right now.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCSync - Sync Watched Flag Across Multiple Boxes0