[LINUX] Trouble Installing Skins
Hi, I just built an HTPC and am running Ubuntu to run xbmc. I am totally new to linux so it's been difficult just getting this far. But now when I try to move the new skin folder to the skin folder under the program, I don't have the right permissions. I know it needs to be the root user or whatever and I can't get the folder to copy using the terminal. If someone can please help with the code or a way to remove the restrictions on the folder that would be greatly appreciated Smile
you'll have to install the skins in your home directory:
/home/<username>/.xbmc/skin/

you'll have full permissions there.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Like ronie said you should be adding xbmc files/customizations to the .xbmc folder in your home directory. Note that any file or folder with a period at the start of its name will be invisible until you press CTRL+H

So go into your home folder, hit CTRL+H and enter the .xbmc folder. There should be a folder there called skin. If there isn't, make one. Inside that folder you should have a separate folder for each skin you want to install.

So you know for the future, you can open nautilus (the file browser) as a superuser by typing "gksu nautilus" in the terminal and then you can do whatever you want to system files. Be careful though; you can wreck your OS if you mess with the wrong files.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] Trouble Installing Skins0