• 7(current)
[MOD] FanArt Music Visualisation
Not sure If Jezz_x follows this thread, but I thought I'd ask it here instead of making a new thread to ask the question.

Jezz_x is there any chance you will try an design anykind of Fanart Music Visualisation for your Skin? Nod
Download X-cite_V0.3 - 13th June 2007
Download from Rapidshare
Or
Download from Megaupload
Maybe Jezz_x likes this idea
this is mod of dfmos mod from first post
i use System.IdleTime(20) instead of editing MusicVisualisation.xml

Download - Fanart_MusicNowPlay.rar
Well I have tried everything I can think of and everything suggested here but for some reason, it just will not display anything but the default artwork background.

Are there any "alternate" commands to <texture fallback="DefaultFanart.jpg">$INFO[MusicPlayer.Property(Fanart_Image)]</texture> that I could try since the INFO part seems to not be happening for me?

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the main Camelot, SVN builds from January 9th through the 13th (can't seem to get any SVN after the 13th to display backgrounds on any screens at all on the initial installs). I have tried installing totally to the program files directory and split to PF and the user/roading folder. I had my music files all networked from another computer and moved them to the same compuer, nothing seems to work Sad
reformat?
lol

Okay..... well maybe not "EVERYTHING"...

Obviously I am not reformatting when there are no issues with anything else. I just hope this can be fixed or figured out before it is considered for any full release version like Camelot....

Then again, maybe if the number of people using it multiplied like that then it could be happening to a few more people and maybe the solution could be found. I don't know.
Quote:Well I have tried everything I can think of

Try a different computer, Try a friends computer.

Sounds like theres and issue with ur install.

TRY running xbmc as admin, right-click and run as admin.
Download from Rapidshare
Or
Download from Megaupload
Thanks, but whether or not it works for me on a different computer doesn't matter, since this one is the HT one (and the strongest in the house). I trust that normally it runs fine for most people based on these forums. Possible conflict? Doubt it though, Running Win 7 x86 on it BTW, not that it matters. I am logged in as admin, and have tried right clicking as admin to run, doesn't seem to matter though. Everyhting else in plugins, scripts, and mods I have gotten to work the same as others on the forumms, it's just this one mod that isn't working exactly right. I still like the mod even having to use a defaultview, I just can't understand why tat one line functions differently than for most everyone else... SIIIGGGH...

Oh well, I will use it with default art and stop bellyaching about it, maybe it willl be uncovered and fixed in the future. Thanks for all the help. Smile
Could this be the problem?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...=backdrops
@joebrady:
I think you're on to something. I just reinstalled to an unofficial build to diagnose an issue I was having with the HTE mod and fanart didn't work. Moving back to the official nightly builds and it's back. It didn't help me with my problem, but Invincer might get some results.
@Invincer:
Here's the direct link to the build I'm running (last night's) http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/win32/...-trunk.exe
I know for an absolute fact that this one will display fanart. Try that, Uninstall first (back up your DB so you don't need to rescrape, but scrap the rest) install as standard (not portable) and run as admin. Reinstall the mod (this one only at first) and we will at least know your setup is valid. Hopefully that'll fix it, but if not it narrows the search a lot.
BAMMM!

Say it ain't so Joe? Smile It IS so; that was it evidently. I originally followed links from the forums to the SVN builds, had no idea the directx builds I was downloading were unofficial and not the same as the ones postged by XBMC. I just got the most recent official build linked by arkryal and lo and behold, it works!!! Finally Smile Thanks a billlion guys! Smile
Just a heads up, I'm reworking all the images used for CD and Record art, they weren't realistic enough for me, so I'm making them a part of the overhaul I'm doing. The next tweak I turn out will conform much closer to the existing confluence skin, modifying the original music vis screen with the enhancements posted by dfmos.

regarding the artwork changes, the CD is being altered to show the proper blurring effect of spinning radians. Look at a ceiling fan. If you focus on the spinning blades, they're just a blurry circle. If you focus your eyes past them, you'll see individual, very blurry blades rotating seemingly much slower, or even stationary. A CD should have the same effect as it refracts light in radians. I'm also making a reflection (we really need apng support), it should scatter light in the reflection, but I can't figure it out using the current tools (without creating 2 dozen images). I'll keep working on that. As usual, the still screenshot does it no justice, but the next submission will be significantly more aesthetic.

The record art will also be changing, as the previous used a label that was cut & pasted from a deviant art image. I figured if there was to be any change of an official release, it would require unique artwork with no possible contention from the creator. Everything I post from here on out will be original and free for use by XBMC.

The biggest issue will be integrating the different features in a way that fits with the general look of the confluence skin.

Here's what I have so far:
Basically, it's just the default with the animation added so far. I've removed the auto-hide from the bottom bar so that info will stay up.

Weather, Clock and RSS will be added back, but much more discretely. I'm ditch the mini-visualization all together, I could never get it to look good and still size correctly. Full screen visualization can be toggled in the OSD, selecting "None" will display fan art.

I was thinking about grouping everything in the bar below, and fading it out after 10 seconds, while fading in weather, time and date etc in the same area. That would fade back to track info after another 10 seconds. Track time elapsed and the progress bar will stay visible. What do you think? Good? Bad?

Any suggestions, comments, things I've screwed up... Let me know. Since I'm starting over from the ground up, now is the time to mention anything you want included. I'll drop a package with the code and images in a couple of days when all the kinks are ironed out.
I'd still like to see the fanart fade away to show the visualization after a user defined amount of time. Just personal preference though.

Keep up the great work. I'm glad this window is finally getting some well deserved attention. This is the window I'm in 80% of the time if I'm not watching a movie/show.
arkryal

Maybe you can put the extra info like weather and rss in the codec section, of the .xml file. this means that why "o" button is pressed it will bring the extra info up when or If the user wants it,

So you can have a simple clean layout, with the option of displaying more info with a button press.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm happy to see that most issues with the Fanart has been solve in the daily builds.
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/win32/...-trunk.exe

Now you can press play on the album or artist and Fanart will work, nice one!
The Fonts as different in this build so I will update the original post download link soon.
Download from Rapidshare
Or
Download from Megaupload
looks very good arkryal. I like the black bar with all needet infos. nice work.
It would be very nice if when the first track starts playing, you see the fanart for a user defined # of seconds, and then it fades out to the vizualizer.

In addition it would be cool if the Fanart image faded back in and the visualizer disappeared for the last x (user-defined) seconds of the track. You could use the same # of seconds the user defined for the fade in.

I also love your idea of the spinning CD blur effect. Thanks for the great work. This is by far my favorite Mod for Confluence.

-hogfan
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] FanArt Music Visualisation1