[REQUEST] Qualar Mod Addition - Animated Main Menu Backdrops
I love the animated backdrops when your looking at the media (TV Shows, Movies, etc..) and was looking at some other skins just to see what else is out there. (Qualar still ranks on top of my list by far).

One thing that the skin Transparency! had, was the ability to have the backdrops for the main menu pull from the fan-art for that category, and rotate it while animating it.

Similar to how the multi-image path works right now, where the backdrops for the main menu are pulled from a path, but instead, they pull from the category. (ex. If you've got TV Shows selected, then it'll cycle through all the fan-art from TV Shows. Moves have movie fan art, etc...) as well as being animated.

Baring that, if there's just a way to animate the backdrops that are pulled from the multi-image path, that'd be good to. It just seems to me that having the backdrops for the categories being nicely animated, but the home menu's aren't seems disconnected somehow.
I have just looked into this for you and I can get it working with one caveat.

It appears that XBMC cannot differentiate between Movie and TV Fanart. You can prove this by enabling the feature in Transparency. You will see that when you select TV Shows on the home screen it sometimes shows Movie Fanart and likewise it displays TV Fanart when you highlight Movies.
I have added animated home screen backgrounds in version 3.15. Just enable it in skin settings.
you sir, are a god.

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] Qualar Mod Addition - Animated Main Menu Backdrops0