• 9(current)
[RELEASE] xbTweet - a Twitter Script for XBMC (notify your followers from XBMC)
I'm going to assume this is dead? Does anyone know of a similar replacement? This is exactly what I've been looking for in my set up.

Actually, exactly what I'm looking for is a last.fm for video. But until I find that...
It wouldn't be very hard for someone else to pick this up and simply update it to use the new addon system.
big fan of this script, would be good if someone could port it to the new addon system!
I Must say that this is/was a good plug-in. I Hope somebody picks up the thorch.
still no takers? Sad
In a world without walls and fences who needs windows and gates, open source, opens minds, so open yours today.

(2010-05-18, 14:13)piotr Wrote:  
Code:
20:56:18 T:2428922736 M:2943324160   ERROR: Error Contents: could not locate runnable browser
Webbrowser is part of the python standard library, you don't have to install a separate package to use it because it comes bundled with your python installation. If you want to get recognized browsers on your system:

Code:
import webbrowser
print webbrowser._browsers

If you directly use webbrowser.open() - it will always open the link in the default browser. What you can do is to register the any other browser and then launch a new tab. Something like this:

Code:
webbrowser.register(name, constructor, instance=None)

Once a python browser type is registered, the get() function can return a controller for that browser type. You can run open, open_new and open_new_tab on the controller object. This will ensure the commands are executed on the same browser instance you opened.

Code:
import webbrowser    
url='https://www.google.com'
chrome_path="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Google\\Chrome\\Application\\chrome.exe"
webbrowser.register('chrome', None,webbrowser.BackgroundBrowser(chrome_path),1)
webbrowser.get('chrome').open_new_tab(url)
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] xbTweet - a Twitter Script for XBMC (notify your followers from XBMC)3