RUN ERROR: won't load- d3dx9_42.dll
Sad 
please help if possible:
running a Dell, Windows Vista x86, quad4, 500G.
loaded (and uninstalled) four times for the XMBC player. each time i try to run the program, i get a stop error:
d3dx9_42.dll missing
can anybody give advice to solve this?
thanks in advance.
dj
djin325 Wrote:please help if possible:
running a Dell, Windows Vista x86, quad4, 500G.
loaded (and uninstalled) four times for the XBMC player. each time i try to run the program, i get a stop error:
d3dx9_42.dll missing
can anybody give advice to solve this?
thanks in advance.
dj
Its a dll coming from directx update. Just go on microsoft site and install the web directx update
and and the link if your too lazy http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...laylang=en
Out of curiosity, are you running Kaspersky or another firewall?
I just had this with a fresh install of the latest XBMC for Windows.

I copied the dll from the Directx redistribute to the XBMC directory and it works a treat. No nead to reinstall Directx. Took a while to get it all in though.

Hosted it here.
The webinstaller included in the XBMC installer doesn't "reinstall" DirectX it just updates the needed components to the latest available version (plus installs the missing dll).
We still need to find out why the webinstaller doesn't work for some setups (or if the user disables it or has a firewall running)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
hi i am having this d3dx9_42 error too and still cant solve it i would summit a bug report but dont know how over the last 24hrs i have installed xp 32bit vista 32bit win 7 32bit vista 64bit and windows 7 64bit on my amd 7750 4gb ddr2 asus m2n32 sli deluxe mobo, 9500gt . have installed direct x from your links and put d3dx9_42.dll in system32 folder have tried everything can't get any further will give it a rest for a week see if some sorts this out oh and you cant search this d3dx9_42.dll in the search above or find this infomation in the search above only google works Sad
In C:\Windows\Logs you should find a file called DirectX.log. This is the install log from the DirectX installer. If you pop this on pastebin.com we can have a look and see if there is anything obviously wrong.

JR
Fixed it don't know why but my htpc in lounge is not on the net never will be but took the computer in the back room put it online then installed xbmc and it work don't think it likes installing offline? Don't know know don't care just happy it works now phew!
Just google for d3dx9_42.dll find a download spot (be carefully) and copy the Dll file to C:\\Windows
The web installer can also be used instead of downloading the whole 100mb file provided by the link above. I'll include the link below:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/de...6652cd92a3

Also, I couldn't get it to install even though I updated. Does anyone know the problem?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RUN ERROR: won't load- d3dx9_42.dll0