Not video at all
Dear friends:

First of all, want to thanks for the fantastic job making this software as good...

I wanted to use my old Pentium-IV, 3.2 GHZ, ATI Radeon 9550, Windows XP SP2 Home Edition as media center in my own room (connected to a samsung plasma 42' plasma tv).

After installing XBMC, I solved the in-famous .dll forgotten of direct x, so finally it loaded ok. Not problem playing .mp3 files in a flash memory, but I got a insidous problem when trying to play videos (.avi format) (properly seen with, for example vlc player on the same machine):

nothings shows: all the screen is blank, but the audio sounds properly; also shown xbmc controls (forward, stop,....), but not video at all, only blank screen.

Any suggtestions?

Thanks in advance!
Read my sig on how to post a windows related problem. It tells you how to get and post a debug log so we can figure out what the issue might be. Also, be sure you try to play the video while running in debug mode.
agtejeo Wrote:After installing XBMC, I solved the in-famous .dll forgotten of direct x, so finally it loaded ok.

Did you let the directx webinstaller included in the xbmc installer run and do its duty? Do you have a firewall enabled?
Webinstaller does install the missing dll just fine for me (just tested yesterday on an older XP with the XBMC installer).

The no video problem could be due to your card not supporting shader model 2 as Eli wrote. He's looking into it.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
That's an isolated PC, not internet connection avalaible.

What I did to solve the directx dll problem was simply to "paste" in c:\windows\system...; anyway I found the thread

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=62340&page=5

where it seems this is an "common" problem...

Anyway wheren it comes my xbmc.log:

http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/352759/

Thanks in advance.
agtejeo Wrote:where it seems this is an "common" problem...

And since it is a common problem pointing it out doesn't help much to solve it. At least in your setup it's understandable.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Not video at all0