All the Beautiful Skins?
Ive been away from the scene for a awhile having been on PM3 skin for what seems like forever, I just saw Confluence and Transparency! WOW just WOW beautiful work guys.

I haven't used Transparency! yet but it looks similar to aeon. Are their any other visual differences besides the whole "transparency" thing?

** Also just wanted to know what everyone's favorite skin is so far...and why.

thanks
kymira Wrote:Ive been away from the scene for a awhile having been on PM3 skin for what seems like forever, I just saw Confluence and Transparency! WOW just WOW beautiful work guys.

I haven't used Transparency! yet but it looks similar to aeon. Are their any other visual differences besides the whole "transparency" thing?

** Also just wanted to know what everyone's favorite skin is so far...and why.

thanks

Non contest for me, Alaska is by far the nicest skin. Minimalistic and really easy on the eyes. Then again I don't like bloated skins like aeon. But it's all a matter of personal taste I guess.
Alaska 0wnz Smile
ynwa
gekados Wrote:Non contest for me, Alaska is by far the nicest skin. Minimalistic and really easy on the eyes. Then again I don't like bloated skins like aeon. But it's all a matter of personal taste I guess.
Alaska 0wnz Smile

Thanks for pointing Alaska out to me. Its AWESOME! I just love the simplicity of it.
I'm currently using Transparency! and I've been using since the earlier releases. It shows off nicely fanart and, generally, seems to do its job. Plus it places correctly OSD adjustments while video is playing (such as on the fly subtitles resynching, which Confluence places on top of the subs themselves, kind of defying its purpose).

Haven't looked at Alaska, will probably wait the first official release.
Alaska and Confluence are two of my favourites. Also check out the newly released Xperience. I think it has some of the best movie views. Not so much of a fan of the TV show views.
+1 for Alaska here
There is so many great ones to choose from I have a hard time picking. Im using Confluence right now because of the HTE plugin that Nuka developed.

There is talk about using the Alaska skin for a childrens theme, because it is so basic but amazing.

Hey I just thought of this. Can you put a different skin for each profile? or do they all have to be the same skin?
Aeon for initial WOW factor, but overkill in some places and unstable as hell of late (too many options, but then it's fulfilling a need from most users)
Transparency! for stability, but lacking that last 10% of gloss
Elipsis for gloss and polish, but perhaps letting down the fanart folks
Alaska for polish for being a little different, but maybe underplaying fanart

I'd say in the last year, a lot of attention has gone on the skins... with designers making more effort to keep every detail pixel perfect... it DOES make the difference between a professional skin and an amateur one.

The only thing I don't like is that switching skins can screw up, and cause you to have to reconfigure if you switch back to a skin.
mccorkled Wrote:Hey I just thought of this. Can you put a different skin for each profile? or do they all have to be the same skin?

Yes. I use Xperience and Transparency mostly, but the kids' profile is set to Alaska (Mosaic_Blue2 color and Mosaic Blue Theme). I'm almost convinced that xTV SAF would be a good fit for them too, but I prefer the ability to turn off more home screen icons for them.
Thats what I want it for. I have a daughter just turning 1 but she will be learning to use the remote soon enough. Lots of old movies for her to choose from but Im looking for an easy option for the future
Xperience with midnight theme for me by far the most polished of all skins
for Xbmc right now even though it's still not complete and it's so easy to use unlike
alaska which i think is terrible on the eyes just my £2 worthWink
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
Alaska since the beginning for me, but currently on Xperience due to MythTV/VDR. Confluence still best for PVR.Big Grin
i'm still on "oldschool" Mark-III
after some modding it does everything i need.
http://www.xbmcnerds.com - german xbmc community
For eye-candy: aeon, xperience, alaska and ellipsis (in that order)
for mouse navigation: rapier
a lot of other skins are also worth a shot especially for people who do not own a hdtv (fonts of the named skins could be too small to read)

the new standard skin "confluence" is also great, much better than the previous PM3.HD
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
I'm using rapier 3.06 atm. Stable, great movie view (wrap info, I like having the info without having to press 'I'). Also like alaska. The episode view for tv shows is great, but I don't like any of the movie views. As said, I like the info to just be there. So, for me it's rapier. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
All the Beautiful Skins?1