MAKES NO SENSE! seriously...omg...
Sad 
Lol don't get me wrong I love XBMC and everything about it. I am pretty much setting up my library for when my acer 3610 comes in.

The issue I am having is with TV shows. Now I had dexter season 4 on the Tv Shows section and it downloaded everything from the scrapper and such without an issue. Same goes for chuck and all my other tv shows. Now I downloaded a few more episodes and added them in, so I notice its not picking episodes from Chuck or Dexter, but it did for other shows.

I am like fine, ill delete it from the library and rescan, no luck, now it can't even find the episodes that were there before! I tried changing the source for the info, moved from thetvdb to imdb and so forth, still no luck!

The way I have them categorized is Showname/101.avi. What can be causing this? what changed? I have been going nuts over this issue and I can't seem to find a solution. I tried deleting the video db and still no luck. Any recommendations guys?

Edit: Forgot to mention I am running over windows 7. But still I don't think that is of any relevance as before Dexter Season 4 loaded into XBMC just fine, and now its not, and I didn't change anything about it. Same goes for Chuck.
A few things:

Check your folders to see that there are no "strange" files inside them.
Special nfo files with wrong info or anything like that.

Also check the documentation on how to correct setup tv shows:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO_set_u...sh_install

also this about nfo files:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Import_-_Exp...y#TV_Shows

If still no luck check my signature on how to post a problem. We need a debug log file when you do a tv show scan. and yes full log file not stripped.
PointOfView Nvidia ION Atom 330 - TRANSCEND 2GB DDR2 DIMM 800MHz - G.SKILL 64GB SSD 2.5
Open Elec Beta4 1.95.4
XBMC Online Manual - HOW-TO post about a problem in a useful manner - Create/View Bug Report
Setup/Fix correct resolution on XBMC/Ubuntu - Usefull linux terminal commands
mobious Wrote:Lol don't get me wrong I love XBMC and everything about it. I am pretty much setting up my library for when my acer 3610 comes in.

The issue I am having is with TV shows. Now I had dexter season 4 on the Tv Shows section and it downloaded everything from the scrapper and such without an issue. Same goes for chuck and all my other tv shows. Now I downloaded a few more episodes and added them in, so I notice its not picking episodes from Chuck or Dexter, but it did for other shows.

I am like fine, ill delete it from the library and rescan, no luck, now it can't even find the episodes that were there before! I tried changing the source for the info, moved from thetvdb to imdb and so forth, still no luck!

The way I have them categorized is Showname/101.avi. What can be causing this? what changed? I have been going nuts over this issue and I can't seem to find a solution. I tried deleting the video db and still no luck. Any recommendations guys?

Edit: Forgot to mention I am running over windows 7. But still I don't think that is of any relevance as before Dexter Season 4 loaded into XBMC just fine, and now its not, and I didn't change anything about it. Same goes for Chuck.

Rename to S01E10 format

101 is ambiguos... is could be season 1 episode 10, or season 10 episode 1

There are other schemes you could use, but S01E10 will work perfectly.
No strange files no nothing. I didn't change anything about the shows but add more episodes. They worked when I named them as 101 and 102. In other words my tv show library was fine with the way I had everything set up until now.

I mean some shows still load, and their all AVI format, checked everywhere and there are no extra files or anything along those lines that could mess XBMC up. Its just weird something like this would just randomly happen.

Edit: Also I said I am running this ontop of windows, well I added it in in an edit so you might have missed it. How would I get a debug file on windows?
Log File: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Log_file
-stoli-
This has been happening to me for years. I'll post a debug log too when I get back from work.

This is all on one computer, right? Not over the network?
Have a question? First try the XBMC online-manual and FAQ. Also: How to submit a debug log
It could also be that TVDB has been up and down recently. If you scanned during the down time, it will have failed.

Check TVDB is up again (it's been down for a number of hours intermittently in the last few days)

And I'd still ask that you reconsider your naming scheme. It may well be working more from good luck than good management. Remove any ambiguity if you want a simple life!
Alright I have the log file, but its pretty big to just post here. So I will attach the log file. Btw I did this log after a clean install of XBMC. And the folder I scanned was a specific folder with one show.

I don't create NFO's for my tv shows or movies, XBMC detected them on its own as I am sure you guys know it does.

http://myfreefilehosting.com/f/f0b75f96da_0.02MB

I renamed it to txt if that makes any difference. So can anyone please figure out whats going on?

Edit: I thought it was TVDB aswell but I tried setting it to a different source like IMDB tv and it still didn't scan the episodes. I tried renaming, that didn't work either. I mean whats annoying me is I scanned it before and it detected it without any issues the way it is right now.
TVDB's down

that's the prob
I tried the different sources, IMDB TV, TV.Com, TV Rage. Same problem. And if TVDB was the problem then why is it working with my other shows?
Okay so TVDB is down again, technicaly it should work with IMDB right? since their not tied into each other in any way? Cause if thats so then yeah its still not working. Should I do another log file but with imdb?
I feel like such an ass, AnalogKid you were right, I don't know why the other sources weren't working though but I am guessing with thetvdb, there were issues with some parts of the site, apparently now its back up and dexter is download.
mobius, advice for the next time you do a Debug Log.. use pastebin.com or simular service.

as for imdb, the scraper has been blocked, a "hack" to get it working again is posted on the forum.
was it recently blocked? were talking about the TV one correct? as the movies one is working fine. I will use pastebin.com next time an issue like this arises. Thanks to everyone who helped me find the problem!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MAKES NO SENSE! seriously...omg...0