d3dx9_42.dll installation failure
During one of my many test installations of Camelot I got the error "d3dx9_42.dll is missing". However I can't reproduce it. In case it's of interest the DirectX web installer log is at http://pastebin.com/m4f260829

Line 347 gives the somewhate cryptic error:

Code:
347.01/09/10 11:33:17: dxupdate: CheckSectionsForDownloadPlugIn(): C:\WINDOWS\system32\d3dx9_42.dll have not been installed.

but with no indication why.

This was on a clean install of WinXP with no apps or extras (like .Net) installed. I saw the web installer run, and I didn't see any errors.

JR
Updateing Your directX should fix it i am using DirectX 9c On windowsXP pro
Using xbmc Camelot with no instalation or running problemsWink
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
paul Wrote:Updateing Your directX should fix it

Point missed error in 478988. Manually rerunning the dx web installer did indeed fix it, but since we are getting multiple reports of the error after what was apparently a normal installation I thought it noteworthy to see the error on my own test system. Particularly since this test system has so far installed Camelot many times without the error. I posted the log in case it might be of some use.

JR
Thanks jhsrennie. Though I dunno what it means it is worth to mention.
boxee just installs directx9 with a subset of files. Dunno from where they got it. chadoe tries to reengineer it for XBMC.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
looks like it requires the .NET framework as you already mentioned:
Code:
01/09/10 11:33:19: dxupdate: CheckSectionsForDownloadPlugIn(): .NET Framework is not available, DXUpdate_MDX_1.0.2903.0_x86 is skipped.

update:
disregard it. still weird why it worked manually.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
d3dx9_42.dll installation failure0