[RELEASE] Alternative Full Screen Splash Screens
chumaj001 Wrote:Hi, i just created a new splash screen for XBMC and would like to share it with you all. Juste replace the old splash.png in media directory of xbmc.

It would be nice, if some developer could allow fitting of splash to whole screen.

Enjoy.

chumaj001,
Is it possible (please, please) to get the .pdf file for this so that i may edit the green screen. Kinda goes against the current theme that i am running.

THanks.
V.

*Windows 7 Pro
*EVGA 512-P2-N635-AR GeForce 7950GT 512MB
*ASUS M2N32-WS Pro AM2 NVIDIA nForce 590 SLI ATX Server Motherboard
*AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ Windsor 2.4GHz Socket AM2 89W Dual-Core Processor
venealis Wrote:chumaj001,
Is it possible (please, please) to get the .pdf file for this so that i may edit the green screen. Kinda goes against the current theme that i am running.
Bit of a late reply, but seeing as no one else has answered, I thought I'd fill in. If all you want to do is change the background color, you can easily do that by using the existing image, no need for the original project file.

Providing you have a half decent image editor (i.e. Photoshop or even an old version of PaintShop Pro), just open chumaj001's splash screen in the program, create a new layer above it, pick the colour you want and fill that entire layer with it. Then in the layer properties, change the blending mode of the layer you made to "Color" and you're done.
Hey Guys, just a couple of things to catch up on as I was reading this thread. Hopefully this can still get touched on.

**Disclaimer** I AM NOT A PROGRAMMER, I AM A GRAPHICS DESIGNER, I BUILD HTPC'S , AND CONFIGURE THEM, THAT IS ALL. THANK YOU Smile

OK, Moving on...

I've changed the Splash screen logo to something more of my taste, wondering if anyone has that modded file that allows the full 1920 x 1080 res, as well as to have it for a little longer of a duration possibly 5 to 10 seconds. I'm using the latest release of XBMC (9.11) for Windows 7 64bit

I don't mean to be demanding at all, but sadly I'm not able to do this on my own. I greatly thank anyone that's able to do this in advance. We all have our talent, sadly coding isn't one of my skills. Wink

Matt.
Alright to hell with it, I'm a programmer now. Tongue I've downloaded the SVN Package using Tortise and I'm able to do the editing. PS. How would I recompile? Using Visual Studio? I suppose that's a yes....

Anyone figured out how to have the splash screen delayed for a bit longer before it goes into the Application?

Thanks.

Matt

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Alternative Full Screen Splash Screens2