Remove duplicates in library?
I have had to move my files around several times so I had to remove and then re-add some of my sources. Now I have duplicates of most of my movies. Is there a quick and easy way to remove the duplicates?

Thanks,
Steve
xbmc.org > support > forum > search . Seriously, this gets asked twice a week at least.

Alternatively, settings > video > library > clean.
possibly this gets asked so much since Clean doesnt actually work.

i seem to have duplicates of nearly all my movies. cleaning library does not help.

the duplicates came when my stupid mac was yet again having network issues and couldnt find any of the files. i didnt realize it was a net issue and re-added the source, deleted all sources, added again, etc, etc.. once the mac decided to join the network again; i now could see my movies; just single entries... but when i went to update library it added duplicates.

i currently only have a single movie source listed and both copies of the movies run; but if i look at the info for each of them they both show different network paths to the same file..

/Volumes/Volume_1-2/Media/Movies/mymovie.avi
smb://NAS/Volume1/Media/Movies/mymovie.avi

my guess is the only way to fix this is regex on the db file... but would be nice if xbmc could handle this
Clean works just fine. You have Appledouble files, most likely. Get a copy of TinkerTool (free) and show hidden files, delete the .files and .ds_store files. Then in TinkerTool there should be a setting to tell the Mac to not make those files on network drives.

EDIT: re-read your message. Things added to the library don't care about if you have a source for it or not. When you do remove a source it should have asked if you wanted to "update files for this path" or something like that. If you hit yes, they get removed, if no, they stay in a kind of limbo in your library DB. The library DB has its own source info. Clean library doesn't work because both sources are still valid.

Just remove the newer source path and this time select yes when it wants to update the files in the library. That should give you just one copy of everything.
(2010-01-09, 23:38)althekiller Wrote: xbmc.org > support > forum > search . Seriously, this gets asked twice a week at least.

Alternatively, settings > video > library > clean.

here's where to look for the databases - delete the ones you have duplicates in and then redo your file locations in "add videos" and you'll be set. Be careful what you futz with under the hood - you can ftp into your system and copy over the databases FIRST as back ups.

Oh, and my comment still stands althekiller - you're no better for deleting it.

here's the info you need:

Location of the UserData folder

Android: Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/
iOS/ATV2: /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/
Linux: $HOME/.xbmc/userdata/
Mac OS X: /Users/<your_user_name>/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata/
Windows Vista/7: Users\%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\
Windows XP: Documents and Settings\%userprofile%\Application Data\XBMC\userdata\
UserData folder contents

Below are the elements contained in the UserData folder and their role:
Database - This is where all of the databases required for your Music and Video Libraries are located, containing any downloaded (scraped) music or video information.
MyMusic18.db - Database file containing Music information.
MyPrograms6.db - Database file containing Program information.
MyVideos60.db - Database file containing Movie, TV Show and Music Videos information.
ViewModes4.db - Database file containing information on all XBMC views (viewmode, sorting etc.).
Addons15.db - Database file containing information on all XBMC addons (skins, scraper, video-addons...).
Textures6.db - Database file containing information on all XBMC textures (thumbs, fanart, posters...).
TV16.db - Database file containing information on Live-TV channels (experimental PVR-builds only!).
EPG5.db - Database file containing information on EPG for Live-TV (experimental PVR-builds only!).
I deleted your comment, and if you keep up with the needless insults then I'll just ban you instead.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remove duplicates in library?1