[WINDOWS] vs. [LINUX] Play .VOB larger 2GB behavior / BUG?
I tried the latest truck builds and it will now play large VOB files.

However, navigation does not work properly. If I press the SkipForward button it will skip a few times and then go back to the very beginning of the movie.

The results are very random. BigStepForward and StepForward seem to both go the same amount (5 minutes) but after a few presses goes back to the beginning. It may be we it skips past one chapter and into the next.

Rewind does not seem to work at all.

Anyone else notice this?
slammers Wrote:...navigation does not work properly. If I press the SkipForward button it will skip a few times and then go back to the very beginning of the movie.

The results are very random. BigStepForward and StepForward seem to both go the same amount (5 minutes) but after a few presses goes back to the beginning. It may be we it skips past one chapter and into the next.

Rewind does not seem to work at all.

Anyone else notice this?

I see that this issue hasn't been looked at in some time. But I'd thought I'd add. I too am experiencing this issue. I’m on 10.1 Shocked

I am also having an issue with the length of the run time.

An example: .vob file plays well on first run through without fast forward being used. The run time reads -22.23.40 at start of movie. If the movie is stopped, the time index of the stop is recorded, but when starting again, it jumps to that time index from the end. IE stopped at time index 22.45, restart places time index start point at 22.45 minutes from the end of the film not from the start.

Shuttle controls are also strange. When play back is started from the beginning of the move, it starts fine. If any attempt is made to move forward in any way, it jumps to various points within the file, not the given advance setting of 10 minutes or 30 seconds. Fast forward is also working in this fashion.

The VOB files are created from the DVD source using DVDFab. No subtitles.

Also noting a minor slow down in the video at the start of the files, Audio is in time but video appears to be playing catch up for about 1.5 - 3 ish seconds. Minor but noticeable.

:confused2:

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] vs. [LINUX] Play .VOB larger 2GB behavior / BUG?0