Adding Master Locks
Having followed some of the posts here and some of the info from the Wiki I have made a few customisations to my home.xml.

One thing I can't figure out is how I get a custom menu item to be protected by a Master Lock. I know I can set this for some of the default menu option in the skin settings - but how do I do this for custom menu options that I have added?
I posted this in the Confluence sub forum, but it is probably better here instead.

Having followed some of the posts here and some of the info from the Wiki I have made a few customisations to my home.xml.

One thing I can't figure out is how I get a custom menu item to be protected by a Master Lock. I know I can set this for some of the default menu options in the skin settings - but how do I do this for custom menu options that I have added?

Thanks!
Anyone? Big Grin
You can't.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I assume that's because its hard coded then?
Correct.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

cool - thanks for clearing that one up.

I have figured out another way to do what I was trying to do now Wink

That's the bet thing about XBMC, there is always more than one way to skin the cat.
see here for the anser to this thread.

Basically - its not possible as its hard coded in.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=66994
If need be, you could "fake" it using conditional visibility. Basically make a 4 number code. Have 5x 9 digit keypads. One is visible when called, 4 hidden. If the select the right key, The keypad progresses to the next duplicate key pad. If they answer wrong, they go to the 5th "dead end" keypad that leads nowhere. Each time they press the correct button, visibility toggles to the next pad, and the last button on the last pad toggles the visibility of whatever you want blocked.

This would be completely insecure if anyone had access to the script and could just read the sequence (or change it). But it should be plenty of security if you just want to keep the kids out.

That would at least allow you to present security superficially in the skin without writing a full script. A script would be better. I don't see it being tied into the system masterlock though.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adding Master Locks0