• 4(current)
[RELEASE] SVT Play (Plugin) Video Addon - Sveriges Television (Swedish TV)
Popeye, I would recommend you to continue your work on the new version I've put up on GitHub instead since we don't have to parse the html of svtplay.se and that way the plugin/addon wont break if they change anything on the sites layout.
nilzen Wrote:Popeye, I would recommend you to continue your work on the new version I've put up on GitHub instead since we don't have to parse the html of svtplay.se and that way the plugin/addon wont break if they change anything on the sites layout.

Looked at you code and it's sure quite neat, no more ugly regexps. I'm not a "real" coder so I'll have to dig into how git works before I can get started.
Guess you have a quite extensive todo list and I'm missing some features in you code...
Pneumatic | SABnzbd | XBMC that just works - openelec
Check GitHub out, perhaps a bit steep learning curve if you never worked with any source code management system before, but it's worth learning! Smile

What features are you missing? I will hopefully get paging working tonight, will not be the same with 20 items per page, i think i will extend it to be ~100 items per page instead, less "next page" "next page"
Would be great if this would be added to the add-on repository and replaced the old broken version. Have you started a process to get this done?
Wonderful seeing all the development in this thread! A word on pagination; in the Popeye (and repo) plugin the "Alla program" list is not paginated and loads really fast. Listing all shows within a category on one page should therefore not be a problem since it never will exceed the amount of rows from the all-programs-list?
mtjerneld Wrote:Wonderful seeing all the development in this thread! A word on pagination; in the Popeye (and repo) plugin the "Alla program" list is not paginated and loads really fast. Listing all shows within a category on one page should therefore not be a problem since it never will exceed the amount of rows from the all-programs-list?

Well, if you look at the svtplay code you will see that all shows gets listed in one page request. When listing shows in a category, svtplay only shows a subset and will require a for loop requesting all subsequent pages (this is also valid to the xml.svtplay.se). My plan was to include a setting if you wanted to enable/disable this feature...
Thumbs Up 
Popeye Wrote:Well, if you look at the svtplay code you will see that all shows gets listed in one page request. When listing shows in a category, svtplay only shows a subset and will require a for loop requesting all subsequent pages (this is also valid to the xml.svtplay.se). My plan was to include a setting if you wanted to enable/disable this feature...

You're such a customizer! Big Grin
I cant get this to work, i installed it (latest svtplay.se 0.1.0) as an addon from zip in "videos"
and the installation is fine, but then i get a script error when i try to run it. Am i doing something wrong?
Poperone Wrote:You're such a customizer! Big Grin

Customizaator it is Big Grin

sajberman Wrote:I cant get this to work, i installed it (latest svtplay.se 0.1.0) as an addon from zip in "videos"
and the installation is fine, but then i get a script error when i try to run it. Am i doing something wrong?

Sounds strange, I usually do System>Addons>Install from ZiP

I have started to look at Nilzens code and created a fork over at Github but I had to do a final release Big Grin with some fixes and functional dump (on linux with rtmpdump)
SvtPlay.se-0.1.1

or at github

EDIT, go grab latest from the post further down
Can someone please teach me how to build a working installation from Github?

I have installed the earlier versions from zip and then manually replaced the dafault.py in the created folder.

Is this the right way to go?

Great job anyway. Smile
Choose download and select the zip, at github. In xbmc select install from zip... Unless you are downloading in between releases, then you have to manually replace. It all depends on the version in addons.xml
I've created a zip-file of the new addon which is available to download at https://github.com/nilzen/xbmc-svtplay/downloads and install through "System" -> "Add-ons" -> "Install from zip file"

Try it out and report any issues to https://github.com/nilzen/xbmc-svtplay/issues

If no new issues are reported in the upcoming days we, hopefully, can get it added to the official addon repo.
I'm getting "Could not read addon description of plugin.video.svtplay-1.0.0" in the log file when I try to install it...
There seems to be one level to much in the zip file. If I remove the first folder it installs ok.

Thanks a lot for your work, Popeye & nilzen!
In my fork of nilzen's base I have added the option to execute a debug script from the context menu (just as with the old code base). It's tested and verified on linux and windows but I'm lacking mac. I have already asked for a pull request and I'm confident it's working but it would be good to get it confirmed.

For windows it's a bit tricky to get an external process running in the background but I have solved it using a bat script.
In the addon settings ad something like:
Code:
C:\\Users\\name\\debug.bat \"-url %s -name %s\"
Note the double back slashes. And in the debug.bat
Code:
START /B C:\Users\name\debug.exe %1 %2 %3 %4
One %n for every item after the bat script. Start /B puts the process in the background and your xbmc window should be restored.

EDIT: Got the changes merged to Nilzen's branch! Go grab and try here . Note the master has the revision bumped to 1.0.1

EDIT2: Sit back and relax, the official addon is being updated to this so it should show up in your xbmc soon...
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] SVT Play (Plugin) Video Addon - Sveriges Television (Swedish TV)8