No audio from .mkv files? "passthrough audio in use" when ry to change volume.
Hey Im having a problem with XBMC on my Aspire Revo. I have followed the tut on the forums and have got XBMC live installed on the HDD and the menu sounds working my putting .asoundrc on there. But I rely got the box to play high def stuff and I cant get any audio from any of my .mkv's and if I try and change the volume I get the message "passthrough audio in use" but its only seems to come from .mkv files? I can play my couple of wmv files that are on there with sound (and volume controls)
any ideas?
Thanks,
Warpedflash

[Fixed]
I had t change the audio output to analogue for it to work!
"passthru" means that you have enabled one or both of the format-specific sound options ("Dolby Digital (AC3) Capable Receiver" and "DTS Capable Receiver"). If you turn these on, you are telling XBMC that you have a surround sound receiver that is capable of decoding, processing, and playing these formats on its own. In these cases, XBMC simply "passes" the audio as it is out to your receiver, which should (in theory) be able to play it. Because XBMC is doing NOTHING to the audio except handing it to your receiver, XBMC is not able to change the volume of the audio.

You'll be wanting to check to ensure that your audio settings make sense given the hardware you're using, since the implication is that XBMC is outputting a format your receiver does not understand.
-Edit- didn't see your edit LOL
Catchy Signature Here
God bless you SleepyP Smile

Problem solved for me.

Cheers,
AMendes
When playing a video from the fullscreen toolbar menu (the one at the top which shows fast fwd, next/previous, pause/play etc.), when you select "Audio and subtitle settings", XBMC has what appears to be a volume offset, starting at 0dB, going upto -60dB.

Even when XBMC is using passthrough audio, this offset still changes the sound output level.

The question I have is that I have mapped buttons on my remote to "VolumeUp" and "VolumeDown" and get the error "passthrough audio in use". Are there joystick commands to control this XBMC audio offset?

Cheers!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No audio from .mkv files? "passthrough audio in use" when ry to change volume.1