Buffering issues
Nothing?
This has also bitten me and is reproducible on both my XBMC Live 10.0 and Windows 7 boxes.

For me, however, it only occurs when a big file is being transferred to my Windows Home Server, which is what I am streaming from.

It's odd really. I have SAB, SB, and CP running on a PC. Post Processing of SB & CP transfers the files to my WHS. Once the transfer begins, so do my buffering issues on XBMC. The network status, memory, and CPU all look fine on the WHS.

I'm thinking about transferring the applications to run directly on the WHS but I'm not sure it that will ultimately help.

Anyone have any ideas? In a way it feels good to know I'm not the only one with this problem. Smile
I came across THIS post discussing the Demigrator.exe causing problems. Sounds like it might solve my issue on the WHS. I'm going to have to try this when I get some time.
I'm having same problem both with my revo 3700 and my normal desktop i5-750 processor and ati 5870. I moved my video files to a ubuntu server which I built from an old computer. I rip my blue-rays to mkv with makemkv and bluerip. Not all movies are buffering. I'm going to try to determine which kind of movies are on my system.
For what it's worth, scheduling the Drive Extender Migrator Service to only run at night and when we're not usually home during the day has appeared to solve my buffering issues from my WHS. My system would run fine until large files were being copied to the server. Then the buffering woes would kick in. I'm a little reluctant to say I'm cured, but since making the change I haven't had any issues. It's only been a day but the problem wasn't intermittent.

It's definitely something to look into if you are having buffering issues when streaming from your WHS.
I cannot replicate the problem. I couldn't play a mkv file from the same drive at one time without buffering and the next time it played flawlessly. I have cat5e cables throughout my system. The only place i would have less than gigabit transfer is at my new server. That is soon to be fixed. ordered a i3 540 and motherboard. Should be gigabit everywhere when I get the package. If I have stuttering it will definately be software.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Buffering issues0