[LINUX] ID3 tags corrupted/missing when using UPnP?
I have just started using xbmc (1:9.11-hardy1 running on an Intel 32 bit system) and it's working pretty well (sounds good, looks good).

One issue I have is that when I play mp3 audio via upnp servers, the id3 tags in the mp3 files are mostly missing or corrupted so I can't fetch any thumbnails.

I have tried serving from both a ReadyNAS box and MediaTomb and the problem occurs with both sources although slightly differently. In both cases, the track name and artist name are shown OK and when using the MediaTomb source the track number is correct but it's always 0 when using the ReadNAS source. Other tags like the Album name, Genre and year are either completely missing or corrupted (from either source), e.g. "ssical /" is a typical genre displayed.

If I copy mp3 files to the local machine which xbmc is running on, the id3 tags are all read/displayed correctly so I know it's not the tags in the files that are wrong. Somehow they are being corrupted by the upnp transport.

I see from searching this forum that people have reported similar problems before. However, I could not find any definitive statement as to what's wrong and how it could be fixed so any help on this issue would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark
Try current SVN - there have been fixes in this area.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks for the reply.

I have compiled up the git master branch (SVN 26763) and I notice that when browsing the music files it now shows the track numbers, artist name and track titles (using a ReadNas upnp server) so that's an improvement.

However, when I press 'i' to get the track info, it still shows bad stuff. e.g. album = unavailable, year = unavailable, genre = k/

I am happy to dig around in the source to see if I can find what's going wrong, could you please give me some idea of where to start looking?

Cheers,

Mark
UPnP.cpp would be the best place to start.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] ID3 tags corrupted/missing when using UPnP?0